Who Will Be Next England Manager?

Grumpy G - 11/7/2016 12:59

AFCBade - 11/7/2016 12:26

Even after ignoring the woeful England games, IMHO this tournament has been the worst major football tournament (euro/World Cup) ever. Aside from watching fairly limited smaller countries getting through it was awful. Think Sam could improve on what Roy achieved.

Certainly down there with Italia 90 imho, and at least at that one Engerland did pretty well.[/QUOTE

I cant remember much about italia 90 (which perhaps says a lot) but the england run was exciting and of course Maradonna captured the headlines like no player this time; Griezman is a decent player but looked so poor last night.

Neil Dawson - 11/7/2016 11:33

It has to be Sam. #Samstheman Let's get it trending.

And if anyone from the FA asks we would have him here in place of Eddie like a shot. We put up with Eddie because we can't have Sam...

Everyone got it?

What we need is Snoots to get onto this and bring it to the attention of those that matter :snooty:

AFCBade - 11/7/2016 12:26<br /><br />Even after ignoring the woeful England games, IMHO this tournament has been the worst major football tournament (euro/World Cup) ever. Aside from watching fairly limited smaller countries getting through it was awful. Think Sam could improve on what Roy achieved.
<br /><br />Think this Sam would manage better than Roy ...

Attachments

• Fireman-Sam-11.jpg
    Fireman-Sam-11.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 0
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3685211/Sam-Allardyce-prove-s-Pep-Guardiola-Sunderland-manager-wants-secure-vacant-England-position.html

Quote from article....Likewise, Howe has shown all the attributes desired by the FA in their next manager and is highly rated by FA chiefs. However, the 38-year-old has privately expressed reservations about taking the England job at such an early stage of his career.

Lets hope he does have reservations, personally I think Allardyce and Bruce are dinosaurs, but judging by the FAs previous appointments, one of them should get it.

Druss_the_Legend - 12/7/2016 09:24

Lets all be honest...Eddie SHOULD get the job. No better Englishman available.

Lets hope he doesnt.

Spot on.

The growing sense seems to be that to secure the top role, Big Sam is happy to mentor a younger man to eventually take over in due course - and it would make perfect sense that that man is Eddie.

What that really means for the two Prem clubs is anyone's guess - do they carry on at their present clubs ? Would the younger man be a part time role ?

One thing to learn from Eddie's past is that despite any reservations he may have had, he has always decided to make the jump into a new role and this would be no different IMHO.

Now how are we set for the possiblity of looking for or appointing a replacement manager should the need arise ?

Given the FAs recent record in recruting it surprises me that they haven't gone to Pulis on bended knee.

Luther has the same feelings as some of us.

LUTHER Blissett insists the time is not right for Eddie Howe to take the Three Lions hot seat – and says the top English candidates are Glenn Hoddle and Sam Allardyce.

However, ex-Cherries striker Blissett, who represented England on 14 occasions during his playing career, believes Howe needs more experience as a Premier League manager before making the step up to the international game.

Blissett told the Daily Echo: "From the time Bournemouth won promotion to the Premier League, Eddie has been spoken about as a future England manager.

"With Roy Hodgson going, the speculation starts and people say, 'why not do it now?' But there is no rush for Eddie to jump ship and to take the England job.

"Managing international players is a different situation to managing league players and I'm sure Eddie would be the first to tell you that himself.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14612768.Ex_England_star_Blissett__Howe_could_be_right_for_England_job____but_not_yet/

The one thing in favour of Eddie staying involved here is that I highly doubt he wants to get away from the day to day training with players quite yet.

Indeed. So maybe if he does end up in the England setup it will be on a part time basis until Big Sam gets fired for continuing our depressingly boring football lol.

That said, Sam was one of the first managers who really bought in to sports science and analysis.

afcb_rocky - 11/7/2016 17:13

AFCBade - 11/7/2016 12:26<br /><br />Even after ignoring the woeful England games, IMHO this tournament has been the worst major football tournament (euro/World Cup) ever. Aside from watching fairly limited smaller countries getting through it was awful. Think Sam could improve on what Roy achieved.
<br /><br />Think this Sam would manage better than Roy ...
That would be a good choice as he could keep our fans under control too!

There's support for EH out there too:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/case-eddie-howe-golden-boy-englands-silver-generation

Are they really going to keep Neville as coach ? Lord above.

He seemed to get away scot free for his part in our awful performance in France.

The Alchemist - 13/7/2016 07:28

He seemed to get away scot free for his part in our awful performance in France.

I thought Neville resigned with clown Hodgson and the 3rd anonymous bloke.

tednphil - 13/7/2016 09:28

The Alchemist - 13/7/2016 07:28

I thought Neville resigned with clown Hodgson and the 3rd anonymous bloke.

Rumour is Allardyce with Neville.

Allardyce was interviewed for the England job yesterday.

I may have this wrong but I seem to recall there was a kerfuffle because pictures emerged of Allardyce attending an interview for the England job ten years ago. I can't remember seeing photos of anyone else attending the interview or for any of the other appointments since. Now the same things has happened again with more pictures of him attending an interview.

Strange but probably just my memory playing tricks on me...

;