AFC Bournemouth v Forest Green Rovers - League Cup

Rather than quote your whole post, I'd broadly agree with much of what you said here, although Stacey I would say did more than OK - I thought he was excellent, and his positional sense throughout the match was solid. It was like he had been playing in the side for a while. Rico however, it's just not happening for him - desperate for him to succeed.

Ibe - again - agree. Got a lot of stick, opened them up on more than one occasion. Yes it was a poor shot in the second half from the training ground free-kick, however he manufactured a number of chances throughout the match - for himself and others. The frustration I have with him is that momentum often seems lost whenever he is on the ball.
Exactly this on both

I will never criticise or give abuse to any player during a game as it just doesn't help at all. Frustrates the hell out of me that some fans around me are already formulating the negative words before players have even done anything wrong!

Thought Mepham, Simpson, Travers, Stacey and Kilkenny all did really well so there are positives to come out of this game. Desperately want Rico to be a success as he seems a nice bloke, but at the moment he looks scared sh*tless to make a mistake - so very very nervy. Ibe again doing what Ibe does; running down blind alleys and slowing the game down. If only he could just make up his mind and make a decision. Unfortunately I just don't think he has a footballing brain and as a result will never make the correct decision. Evidently this isn't something Eddie has been able to coach into him.

Everybody else was just a bit meh! But we got through and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.

Everybody else was just a bit meh! But we got through and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.
Agreed. I actually *enjoyed* the game! I sat down and took the game in for what it was - a League 2 side who would come to defend, a chance to see players like Kilkenny in action, twinned with some interest in Stacey and Solanke.

The first half was laborious but I actually enjoyed the second half when Fraser and King came on, so it wasn't quite a "glad I stayed at home" like some people have said on Twitter!

I will never criticise or give abuse to any player during a game as it just doesn't help at all. Frustrates the hell out of me that some fans around me are already formulating the negative words before players have even done anything wrong!

Thought Mepham, Simpson, Travers, Stacey and Kilkenny all did really well so there are positives to come out of this game. Desperately want Rico to be a success as he seems a nice bloke, but at the moment he looks scared sh*tless to make a mistake - so very very nervy. Ibe again doing what Ibe does; running down blind alleys and slowing the game down. If only he could just make up his mind and make a decision. Unfortunately I just don't think he has a footballing brain and as a result will never make the correct decision. Evidently this isn't something Eddie has been able to coach into him.

Tough one next round- Burton will definitely have a go .

The frustration I have with him is that momentum often seems lost whenever he is on the ball.

Yes, I think Stacey will be a good buy for us.

I especially agree with the Ibe and momentum part. Why does he stop? I think that's what winds people up. Surprised Eddie hasn't coached him to do other things.

Yes, I think Stacey will be a good buy for us.

I especially agree with the Ibe and momentum part. Why does he stop? I think that's what winds people up. Surprised Eddie hasn't coached him to do other things.
He never used to stop...can remember him when he was on loan at Brum giving Franno a very difficult afternoon

We didnt actually beat FGR... a Div 2 side...
Us. with a £19 Million pounds striker, alongside an established PL and 'England' striker......and we just act all oblivious and ' the cat shat in someone elses garden '...

Tell me here, it needs not saying,
What tune the enchantress plays,
In aftermaths of soft September
Or under blanching mays,
For she and I were long acquainted,
And I knew all her ways.
Plus;
And in the full shade of this pillared Forest,
Would murmur and be mine.

Just some of the poetic lines uttered by the FGR centre backs to each other....as Solanke and Co..buggered around with the ball in front of them !

We didnt actually beat FGR... a Div 2 side...
Us. with a £19 Million pounds striker, alongside an established PL and 'England' striker......and we just act all oblivious and ' the cat shat in someone elses garden '...

Tell me here, it needs not saying,
What tune the enchantress plays,
In aftermaths of soft September
Or under blanching mays,
For she and I were long acquainted,
And I knew all her ways.
Plus;
And in the full shade of this pillared Forest,
Would murmur and be mine.

Just some of the poetic lines uttered by the FGR centre backs to each other....as Solanke and Co..buggered around with the ball in front of them !

Stop telling it as it is Bill.
The plastics don't like it.

;