AFC Bournemouth v Forest Green Rovers - League Cup

You didn't see the performance (same as me tbf) your opinion about how bad it was was posted just after it finished. Honest or not it's not worth anything.

Another satisfied fan then.

I am used to cup averageness.....I am not used to players who should be pushing for a 1st team spot, not making a decent effort to do so.
Perhaps you are.

Another satisfied fan then.

I am used to cup averageness.....I am not used to players who should be pushing for a 1st team spot, not making a decent effort to do so.
Perhaps you are.

I don't know because I didn't see the game. I'm going to take on board the opinions of those that did rather than the hyperbole of those that didn't tbh.

Both are always giving average performances. But hey, let's give them another excuse.

Just don’t think it’s conducive to the team performance when two players are getting pelters from the crowd, despite being no worse than anyone else on the pitch.

Just save the abuse for forums like these if you have to get out of you system.

I am used to cup averageness......
Not sure that's true judging on the frequency of your messages over the last 12 hours?

Anyhow, I also wanted to be one of the first to credit FGR for their defensive resilience, astounding defending at times - not sure if that was conveyed via textual commentary or not...?

Regardless, I thought I'd share my view of the game. CAVEAT! I know this is a bit of a nameless forum, so you might be shocked to see there's a bit of accountability here as you can see my face, receding hairline, lines, bad dress sense... but here's my two penneth...

Last night.
I didn't think Stacey was Mom - that was Mepham who always seemed to be in control.
Stacey and Simpson did OK.
I thought Rico was more involved and contributed well to the attacks.
Killkenny played well in the first half but faded in the second.
H Wilson one free kick over the bar. I don't really recall anything positive or negative to be honest.
Surman he was OK - sideways passing most of the time.

I really did think we had nobody to provide an incisive pass forward.
Also, that final pass just never seemed to be right - either misplaced or it was cut out.

Ibe tried really hard, he sometimes had two markers on him. One misplaced shot met with a lot of abuse around me - does that help? Really?
Callum - I forgot he was there - really needs a goal.
Solanke - just doesn't work out for him at the moment. Falls over a lot, confidence and a goal or two will put that right.
Travers - not much to do (exept for a goal line save in the second half).
Saved the penalties well. He'll be a good keeper. Do we need to buy anybody with the two youngsters we have? At the moment I think not.

Once King and Fraser came on for the two Wilsons there was more urgency about our play.

Usual cup performance.

Usual cup performance.

Rather than quote your whole post, I'd broadly agree with much of what you said here, although Stacey I would say did more than OK - I thought he was excellent, and his positional sense throughout the match was solid. It was like he had been playing in the side for a while. Rico however, it's just not happening for him - desperate for him to succeed.

Ibe - again - agree. Got a lot of stick, opened them up on more than one occasion. Yes it was a poor shot in the second half from the training ground free-kick, however he manufactured a number of chances throughout the match - for himself and others. The frustration I have with him is that momentum often seems lost whenever he is on the ball.

Rather than quote your whole post, I'd broadly agree with much of what you said here, although Stacey I would say did more than OK - I thought he was excellent, and his positional sense throughout the match was solid. It was like he had been playing in the side for a while. Rico however, it's just not happening for him - desperate for him to succeed.

Ibe - again - agree. Got a lot of stick, opened them up on more than one occasion. Yes it was a poor shot in the second half from the training ground free-kick, however he manufactured a number of chances throughout the match - for himself and others. The frustration I have with him is that momentum often seems lost whenever he is on the ball.

I am available for my radical opinions on any game Sam!

Thought that everybody was poor bar travers, Mepham and Stacey to be honest.
-King and Fraser did ok when they came on, at least giving us a bit of energy and fashioning a couple of chances between them. Having said that King still missed a couple of sitters and Fraser gave the ball away numerous times which is turning into a worrying pattern.
-Surman clearly isn’t up to the required standard anymore, he looked out of his depth at times even against league 2 opposition.
-both Wilson’s contributed very little, intact Callum contributed nothing at all.
-Solanke tried, maybe too hard at times. Was dropping very deep at times when he didn’t really need to, his focus should have been getting in the box on the end of crosses. There was more than one occasion we swung inviting crosses into the box and our strikers were nowhere to be seen.
-Rico looked completely shot of all confidence and frankly looked a bit like he didn’t really want to be out there, you can tell the guy isn’t in a great place which is a shame because I feel he has the attributes to succeed. Still put in a few decent crosses but also misplaced a few passes.
-Stacey I thought was great in the first half, bombed forward really well.
-find it hard to heap too much praise on the centre backs, they had very little to do and yet we still quite easily could have conceded a goal or two. Having said that Mepham did look composed and think he’s more comfortable in a back four.
-Kilkenny was neat and tidy but felt he was playing too deep, in pre season he looked great playing further forward.
Not an awful lot of positives from this one.

Oh and Ibe..... if only he didn’t constantly slow the play down. Feel more than ever that he has all the potential but none of the intelligence to fulfil it. Quite honestly think it’s time for him to move on whenever possible.

Thought that everybody was poor bar travers, Mepham and Stacey to be honest.
-King and Fraser did ok when they came on, at least giving us a bit of energy and fashioning a couple of chances between them. Having said that King still missed a couple of sitters and Fraser gave the ball away numerous times which is turning into a worrying pattern.
-Surman clearly isn’t up to the required standard anymore, he looked out of his depth at times even against league 2 opposition.
-both Wilson’s contributed very little, intact Callum contributed nothing at all.
-Solanke tried, maybe too hard at times. Was dropping very deep at times when he didn’t really need to, his focus should have been getting in the box on the end of crosses. There was more than one occasion we swung inviting crosses into the box and our strikers were nowhere to be seen.
-Rico looked completely shot of all confidence and frankly looked a bit like he didn’t really want to be out there, you can tell the guy isn’t in a great place which is a shame because I feel he has the attributes to succeed. Still put in a few decent crosses but also misplaced a few passes.
-Stacey I thought was great in the first half, bombed forward really well.
-find it hard to heap too much praise on the centre backs, they had very little to do and yet we still quite easily could have conceded a goal or two. Having said that Mepham did look composed and think he’s more comfortable in a back four.
-Kilkenny was neat and tidy but felt he was playing too deep, in pre season he looked great playing further forward.
Not an awful lot of positives from this one.

Honesty. Gawd bless ya!

At the very least youd want Solanke getting angry, yellow cards and near a red , hitting the bar and posts, ranting at the wingers, looking really p#ssed off...only then will a goal come and a regular start in the team..

Sad to see the usual falling out, even when we did win in the end. I could only see bits and pieces on Sky News....I saw Josh miss two absolute sitters in the second half....25 shots on goal.....we did ok enough to create 25 shots. That isn't diabolical. It IS poor finishing! But a diabolical performance means we hardly create a chance and get knocked out. A bit of perspective needed by some.

We also come back to the fact we have people in the crowd, who LOVE to abuse certain players. The likes of Ibe and now, Rico....they could do well for 99% of a game but that one error....screaming abuse is hurled. That ain't right and helps nobody.

Sad to see the usual falling out, even when we did win in the end. I could only see bits and pieces on Sky News....I saw Josh miss two absolute sitters in the second half....25 shots on goal.....we did ok enough to create 25 shots. That isn't diabolical. It IS poor finishing! But a diabolical performance means we hardly create a chance and get knocked out. A bit of perspective needed by some.

We also come back to the fact we have people in the crowd, who LOVE to abuse certain players. The likes of Ibe and now, Rico....they could do well for 99% of a game but that one error....screaming abuse is hurled. That ain't right and helps nobody.
l agree with the second bit, certain people are just waiting for Ibe and Rico to mess up so that they can just jump on them and this doesn’t help anything. However I think if you were at that game then it is completely fair to give an honest appraisal that certainly individually, a number of our players were way off the standard required.

;