AFC Bournemouth v Stoke City - League Cup Third Round

I agree that Dango was brighter than Traore and I think my comment was more about him just seemingly not being at the races with his final pass/cross/ability to take someone on... Sometimes you wonder if he tries to do too much instead of just keeping it simple...

As mentioned, he has some raw talent that we've all witnessed (some of his passing and flicks in the 2nd half were very good) but unless he can begin to step it up, for longer spells then your analogy of Mr Ibe could be very accurate.

I just don't know what to think about Traore... Seen him play on 3 occasions now and I honestly can't recall anything that he's actually done... which probably tells me all I need to know...

Wow, 3 times & you're writing him off already!

Showed some great skill at times before his injury last season, despite what certain people on here say who have their weird agendas with the recruitment team.

Admittedly not been as involved as much this season so far, but has still shown glimpses of the talent he has. Liverpool & Swansea away spring to mind.

I think you're right about Traore but Dango was involved plenty in the first half including having our best chance, that he created himself (off a Traore pass if I remember). Dango is erratic and tries loads of flicks etc. that so far this season haven't really come off. He's in danger of turning into the next Jordon Ibe though if he doesn't start turning his talents into productive chances.
As I mentioned previously with Ben Greenwood. Dango with a nice turn of skill got himself into a great position to strike the ball low into the corner with his instep, instead turned his foot sideways and scooped it straight to the keeper. Contrast this with the goals from Solanke and Rothwell, both hit well and kept down with the instep.
What's said afterwards i wonder? "bad luck Dango or try keeping it low next time with your instep" Probably neither!

Last edited:
No one is writing anyone off.
Last night he had 2 good moments.
For the most part Dango seemed to be unable to control or pass the ball. He is some way off being a good PL player.

As I mentioned previously with Ben Rothwell. Dango with a nice turn of skill got himself into a great position to strike the ball low into the corner with his instep, instead turned his foot sideways and scooped it straight to the keeper. Contrast this with the goals from Solanke and Rothwell, both hit well and kept down with the instep.
What's said afterwards i wonder? "bad luck Dango or try keeping it low next time with your instep" Probably neither!

It seems a bit far-fetched to suggest that players have suddenly started kicking the ball with the wrong part of their foot causing sub-optimal results and that coaches in the multi-billion pound game just shrug their shoulders about it.

Reactions: Mdl
As I mentioned previously with Ben Rothwell. Dango with a nice turn of skill got himself into a great position to strike the ball low into the corner with his instep, instead turned his foot sideways and scooped it straight to the keeper. Contrast this with the goals from Solanke and Rothwell, both hit well and kept down with the instep.
I'm sure they'll be going over it with him. Should have gone near post - under used finishing point.

It seems a bit far-fetched to suggest that players have suddenly started kicking the ball with the wrong part of their foot causing sub-optimal results and that coaches in the multi-billion pound game just shrug their shoulders about it.
Why do you see it so often then through out the leagues with bad results?

I thought Rothwell played well last night. We were debating whether he can force his way into the side. I think he can do a job in the number 8 role especially if Billing is played higher up the pitch. Obviously Scott is to come in at some point but you'd think a player like Rothwell was the type that Iraola likes.

As I mentioned previously with Ben Greenwood. Dango with a nice turn of skill got himself into a great position to strike the ball low into the corner with his instep, instead turned his foot sideways and scooped it straight to the keeper. Contrast this with the goals from Solanke and Rothwell, both hit well and kept down with the instep.

I'd just watched the replay of this several times before coming across your post. I don't necessarily agree that it should have been hit with his instep, however he should have placed it (or shot) low into the near post rather than randomly aiming at the goal.

How do you teach composure and best scoring techniques in front of goal ?

This incident typified one of the major problems we have. Too many players in the team/squad are only occasional or very occasional scorers. This situation has happened a number of times over the years and it is difficult to get out of, especially when you concede in most matches.

Well, we're not going to win the cup, so doesn't really matter who we play. Better that it's at home so more people can watch it. Also hopefully with it being Liverpool, it'll be a good game win or lose.
I hope that this becomes the most famous tweet ever in the history of AFC Bournemouth forums ;)

;