Another day, another dodgy decision for the top six

I thought it was very nice of the ref to allow play to continue well after the 2 minutes extra time had long expired in the first half simply because Liverpool had the ball and were building an attack.................. they nearly got a goal with it as well.
For me it's the blatant inconsistencies, Lerma booked, Liverpool player brings Fraser down from behind when he is breaking over the half way line towards goal - not even a word to him.
The East Stand lino missed more than the Salah "goal" - he just wasn't up to it.
Exactly what I thought about the added time - perhaps he had 2-0 on his request a bet for half time ?

The tired old excuse that fails to explain how the pgmol are delivering an improvement in performance which is what they are funded to do

No one is expecting perfection, consistency would be a good start point. Feel free to explain why milners persistent and cynical fouling didnt merit a card.
Or just roll over and accept big team itis.
Conveniently failed to respond to my point about your own bias.

Surely even @RobTrent can see it's been a very odd run of games, with game changing incorrect decisions against us, each in games against top 6 clubs? Issues that don't seem so apparent or blatant when facing other clubs. Just coincidence?

I applaud your faith in impartiality, I struggle to share it unfortunately. Maybe thats my problem.

Disagree. We saw poor, convoluted decision making with VAR in the World Cup and I don't believe it will be as clear cut as people magically think.

Certain rules need proper clarification really. Too many rules are subjective, and too many pundits have ridiculous ideas and in cleaning the laws of the game we shouldn't pander to their misunderstanding of the game

Take something like handball, the rule used to be that if the path of the ball was altered then it's a foul. Now it has to be deliberate, a few years ago they looked for movement of the hand towards the ball, it's all gubbins really. If a striker is good enough at hit a defenders hand from a yard away while spinning around and evading challenges then they probably deserve a penalty. Deliberate is so subjective, save the subjectiveness for decisions about whether to further penalise the player. If you handle the ball in the box, accident or not then penalty, if your hand was in front of your chest, then no, because the path of the ball wasn't altered, it would have hit your chest and gone in a similar direction

Same with all the talk of contact in fouls. Contact has never been needed for a foul. Nor does contact negate a dive. When I hear folk like Savage trying to minimise an argument by saying well there was contact he was entitled to go down. Utter rubbish, if you are trying to deceive the referee then it's a dive. I remember during a preseason friendly against Crystal Palace (93?) Iain Dowie was getting wound up, the ref went over to Coppell and just said take him off before I send him off. I wonder if after a dive, a referee (who's first responsibility is player safety) could tell a manager that the player looks injured, and is uncomfortable risking further injury they should substitute them, that might cut it out a bit. On the flipside if refs can't catch fouls without seeing someone thrash around then I get why players thrash around. Maybe VAR would mean that players will trust refs to catch the sneaky smaller stuff

So these decisions that went in favour of afcb in matches against the big clubs were ....?

Bias or continuing incompetence needs addressing, all ideas for improvement welcome.

So these decisions that went in favour of afcb in matches against the big clubs were ....?

Bias or continuing incompetence needs addressing, all ideas for improvement welcome.
My goodness you really are biased aren't you. Callum Wilsons 'magic', er, handball last season for a start. Opposing fans will also cite numerous decisions, but they're just as biased as you.

So did you blame pgmol for getting Wilsons goal wrong?

Certain rules need proper clarification really. Too many rules are subjective, and too many pundits have ridiculous ideas and in cleaning the laws of the game we shouldn't pander to their misunderstanding of the game

Take something like handball, the rule used to be that if the path of the ball was altered then it's a foul. Now it has to be deliberate, a few years ago they looked for movement of the hand towards the ball, it's all gubbins really. If a striker is good enough at hit a defenders hand from a yard away while spinning around and evading challenges then they probably deserve a penalty. Deliberate is so subjective, save the subjectiveness for decisions about whether to further penalise the player. If you handle the ball in the box, accident or not then penalty, if your hand was in front of your chest, then no, because the path of the ball wasn't altered, it would have hit your chest and gone in a similar direction

Same with all the talk of contact in fouls. Contact has never been needed for a foul. Nor does contact negate a dive. When I hear folk like Savage trying to minimise an argument by saying well there was contact he was entitled to go down. Utter rubbish, if you are trying to deceive the referee then it's a dive. I remember during a preseason friendly against Crystal Palace (93?) Iain Dowie was getting wound up, the ref went over to Coppell and just said take him off before I send him off. I wonder if after a dive, a referee (who's first responsibility is player safety) could tell a manager that the player looks injured, and is uncomfortable risking further injury they should substitute them, that might cut it out a bit. On the flipside if refs can't catch fouls without seeing someone thrash around then I get why players thrash around. Maybe VAR would mean that players will trust refs to catch the sneaky smaller stuff
Being older (probably) I remember when handball meant the offending player deliberately made contact with his hand. If you take away intention then you will end up with players smacking the ball towards players hands just to get a penalty.

WHUFC aren't a big club, that was last season.

The PGMOL officials got it wrong in that match.

Now back to those decisions in favour of AFCB this season against the big clubs...

Now back to ideas for improving performance of officials....

My goodness you really are biased aren't you. Callum Wilsons 'magic', er, handball last season for a start. Opposing fans will also cite numerous decisions, but they're just as biased as you.

So did you blame pgmol for getting Wilsons goal wrong?

Despite their delusions of grandeur, West Ham aren't one of the big six. Against the other clubs we've had terrible key decisions go for us and against us.

Against the big six...

Despite their delusions of grandeur, West Ham aren't one of the big six. Against the other clubs we've had terrible key decisions go for us and against us.

Against the big six...
Really?? You're persisting with the paranoid conspiracy theories?

Irrespective, it shows refs are human and get things wrong. But no-one bleats like babies on here when they go in our favour.

So these decisions in favour of afcb this season in matches against big clubs....

Its all gone quiet from the pgmol fanboys.

It isn't a paranoid conspiracy theory to point out a consistent pattern of decisions when we play that particular set of clubs across several seasons.

The best explanation I've seen so far for it came from Neil Dawson which was a human nature reason. No conspiracy there, just humans being humans.

VAR won't sort out subjective issues but things like the Fraser goal v Arsenal or Salah's first one today would go differently. That I'm looking forward to.

So these decisions in favour of afcb this season in matches against big clubs....

Its all gone quiet from the pgmol fanboys.
ok I get you're unable to honestly and transparently answer one simple question, so I'll agree that no dodgy decisions have ever been made in our favour and that all refs and Linos hate us.

You and smhinto should get together!

When we were part of the “ big six” in the championship promotion season ie totally dominating matches didn’t we ever hear it from opposition fans “ Bournemouth get this ,Bournemouth get that , and what was our answer ? ..Of course we’re getting more decisions we’re constantly running at your defenders constantly putting balls in the box we have more of the ball in dangerous areas it only makes sense the refs are sometimes going to make a mistake ....how we laughed at the conspiracy theorists of other teams accusing refs of favoritism .

Yeah, its a nice cartoon, but you shouldn't be ashamed of your straw man ;-)

Here's the thing(s):

Ref was pretty poor today. I've said that at the outset.
I don't think there's a Big 6 conspiracy. I said that at the start.
I don't hear any bleating when decisions go in our favour. Blimey, I said that at the start too! Jim couldn't answer that because he couldn't offer a single decision that he felt had ever gone in our favour.
I know VAR is coming, but like clappers and Neil Diamond, I don't think it will add much to the game.

So, I've repeated all that just for you. You're welcome to respond. ;-)

Reactions: drd
When we were part of the “ big six” in the championship promotion season ie totally dominating matches didn’t we ever hear it from opposition fans “ Bournemouth get this ,Bournemouth get that , and what was our answer ? ..Of course we’re getting more decisions we’re constantly running at your defenders constantly putting balls in the box we have more of the ball in dangerous areas it only makes sense the refs are sometimes going to make a mistake ....how we laughed at the conspiracy theorists of other teams accusing refs of favoritism .
At last, someone with a grip on reality.

It's lonely here. ;-)

Being older (probably) I remember when handball meant the offending player deliberately made contact with his hand. If you take away intention then you will end up with players smacking the ball towards players hands just to get a penalty.

Like I said up there though, if they can hit a moving hand from so close, they wouldn't need a penalty, they might as well hit the net every shot. But even if that were to start happening, kicking the ball at another player would be a foul. Remember that yellow Callum got when he scored off his back? That should have been a red for the keeper, could've booted it anywhere, chose to hit Callum with it

;