Brentford v AFC Bournemouth - Championship Semi-Final 2nd Leg

Surprisingly feeling quite confident. We know we're capable of taking an early(ish) lead there and I think the side is more resilient today than they were back in December. Just hope the players believe this and it transpires on the pitch :utc:

I don't think where Billing plays is the big issue, it's which Billing plays: it's whether the running, pushing forward Phil Bill turns out instead of the jogging aimlessly around Billing.

When Billing is mobile, we win.
If they can't get motivated when the wealth and prestige of the PL is within touching distance, there is really no hope !

Agree that JW's 50/50 assessment of Cook and Pearson is primarily to not give too much away. Hopefully, Pearson will be okay. If not, rather than drafting Wilshire in, I would reluctantly be tempted to try this:

Begovic
Smith CCV Mepham Rico Kelly (or take out Rico and add Stacey either side of Smith)
Lerma Billing
Brooks
Solanke Danjuma

Certainly not ideal but would help out the defence and we could hit them on the break with Kelly and Smith or Stacey as wing backs. I rate Rico more defensively than Stacey and Smith at the moment, but both Smith and Stacey are better coming forward than Diego. We know Brooks has played well at number 10 in the past. Difficulty would be that this is not a formation JW has used with us, has he?

Another option might be:

Begovic
Smith (Stacey) CCV Mepham Kelly
Stacey (Smith) Lerma Billing
Brooks Danjuma
Solanke

Losing is not an option. Biggest moment in years, will surely define our next 100 years. Beyond words how huge this is. Win and we grow huge again, lose and its league 1 relegation battles looming in near future. Now is your time AFCB!!! :wack::wack::eek::eek::eek:

Losing is not an option. Biggest moment in years, will surely define our next 100 years. Beyond words how huge this is. Win and we grow huge again, lose and its league 1 relegation battles looming in near future. Now is your time AFCB!!! :wack::wack::eek::eek::eek:
Don’t be so dramatic. We were always going to end up back in the championship again at some point, and even if we do manage to win promotion this season you can bet your house on us returning again very soon. Don’t get suckered in by the whole “Premiere league is the be all and end all” narrative that is peddled out by Sky. Far bigger clubs than us are unable to sustain long term top level football.

If Billing has to play any sort of defensive role the game is over. He will not put the shift in. JW has created the role for him after it became very obvious he was not suited to a deeper role. He can win this for us - up the pitch.

People have the blinkers on here! The players we have should be gracing the elite pitches. We are a big deal and should be premier league. If we lose it will be catastrophic to the club!!

and ruin my weekend!! :mad:

People have the blinkers on here! The players we have should be gracing the elite pitches. We are a big deal and should be premier league. If we lose it will be catastrophic to the club!!

and ruin my weekend!! :mad:
And you think other people have the blinkers? We SHOULD be premiere league? We are an average sized league one club who just finished in sixth place in the Championship, our team of top league superstars recently got completely destroyed by a very average Southampton side in poor form. I’m not sure where your sense of entitlement comes from. Promotion back to the top league would be good (financially in the short term) for sure, but if we start to get into the state of thinking that it is a necessity or that we SHOULD be there then that is a road you don’t want to go down. If you’re pinning your hopes on us establishing long term in the top flight then you are going to be very disappointed. Very few do.

And you think other people have the blinkers? We SHOULD be premiere league? We are an average sized league one club who just finished in sixth place in the Championship, our team of top league superstars recently got completely destroyed by a very average Southampton side in poor form. I’m not sure where your sense of entitlement comes from. Promotion back to the top league would be good (financially in the short term) for sure, but if we start to get into the state of thinking that it is a necessity or that we SHOULD be there then that is a road you don’t want to go down. If you’re pinning your hopes on us establishing long term in the top flight then you are going to be very disappointed. Very few do.

The objective at the start of the season was to get promoted to dreamland! (where we belong as the club keep telling us)

Don’t be so dramatic. We were always going to end up back in the championship again at some point, and even if we do manage to win promotion this season you can bet your house on us returning again very soon. Don’t get suckered in by the whole “Premiere league is the be all and end all” narrative that is peddled out by Sky. Far bigger clubs than us are unable to sustain long term top level football.
‘Dramatic’. Coming from you. Brilliant.

;