Brett Pitman

Yep - I always check the Portsmouth team sheet before their matches to see if he's playing. Always check afterwards to see if he's scored. He never really got the recognition he deserved while he was at AFCB. Great memories - Fulham away was one that will stick in the memory for ever.

:giggle:Ok so this is a bit tongue in cheek but the more I think about it ...... Played in every other division for us other than Prem, I think everyone would (have) love(d) to see it. Motivated forward who would play for the cause and knows how to finish given half a chance.
It worked with (master) big Fletch for Eddie before! How about doing it again with the apprentice.
The great escape begins

I actually mentioned this in jest a few weeks ago. Depending what his fitness levels are like it might not be as daft as it sounds. He’d galvanise the crowd and would take the chances Callum has been missing. Sadly I think 2015 was the peak of his ability and he’s nowhere near that level now

I'd take him back in a heartbeat much better than Wilson/Solanke and would fight for the shirt.

Had you said this at the beginning of the season you’d have been carted off to the looney bin, now I think it is genuinely not the worst idea in the world.

I had the same thought when solent said he wasn't even on the bench for pompey
could not do any worse than the current lot and bet your @rse he'd actually have a couple of shots

Brett couldnt do no worse than Solanke. Also he would be a very cheap option, it's worth a go and a roll of the dice. If it doesnt work out nothing lost, if it does he becomes an even bigger hero

I'd take him back in a heartbeat much better than Wilson/Solanke and would fight for the shirt.
Definitely . Callum and Dom just ain’t doing it. The former was brilliant before those two cruciate injuries but seems to have lost pace and grit. If only to ring the changes it would be better to rest them a bit and put someone else in as striker. I also think Fraser has been trying of late.

I had the same thought when solent said he wasn't even on the bench for pompey
could not do any worse than the current lot and bet your @rse he'd actually have a couple of shots
He knows how to find the ball in the box and ‘chicken’ or not, is strong running with the ball.

YES! Almost no one could be currently worse than Wilson / Solanke. Don’t know what is going to rescue Wilson from his decline and Solanke needs a couple of years at a lower level to find out if he us ever going to make a Premier League Player.

He wouldnt get a kick ,end of story.

This league is very demanding,almost like jumping up two levels instead of one.

In case you havent noticed,our midfield create absolutely nothing for our forwards,and are poor at winning the ball back when we dont have it.

If there is an ex player i would have back in a heartbeat,its Harry Arter,its that sort of commitment and grit we are missing.

In case you havent noticed,our midfield create absolutely nothing for our forwards,and are poor at winning the ball back when we dont have it.

If there is an ex player i would have back in a heartbeat,its Harry Arter,its that sort of commitment and grit we are missing.
...yeah we could we someone who can injure a few players in training! (agree with your sentiments though!)

Yes the Arter (post last season with us) would be a very welcome addition. We are missing some snap on the pitch.

went a season too early deserved another year

Sentiment getting in the way again.

Pre season we thought we would have a fit Brooks,Ibe,Fraser,Danjuma on the way and Stan to come back ..

Pugh was a great player for us but it wasnt fair on him having him on the bench every week at that stage of his career,and he hasnt exactly set the Championship alight this season.

It was the right time to let him go but i agree we could do with some of his attitude right now.

;