Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth

Ake knew he should have scored from the Rico corner.

7 points from 4 games, last season it was 7 points from 10 games.

Leicester next after the International break and Vardy available again.

A reality check not a disaster.

Need to get back to winning ways against Leicester though, regain the momentum.

The win against West Ham was great, but they are starting to look like relegation fodder.

£100 million relegation fodder, long way to go yet.

Why does Eddie wait until the last 10 mins every match to make changes when they should have been made at least 10 mins earlier...we played stagnant the whole game and by the time the subs came on Chelsea was in full control.

Furious with the ref. Chelsea were of course better than us but I thought we were excellent. Giroud’s push on Rico would’ve been given as a foul anywhere else on the pitch but the ref was too weak to give it.

Can’t wait for VAR to hopefully deal with refs too scared to give decisions against the big clubs. In the meantime I hope Mason isn’t allowed anywhere near an EPL game again.

Why does Eddie wait until the last 10 mins every match to make changes when they should have been made at least 10 mins earlier...we played stagnant the whole game and by the time the subs came on Chelsea was in full control.
Because Eddie is the manager, I would of done a few things at HT but then I am not the manager.

A good game to watch. Chelsea are a very good team and I thought we played ok. Rico looked great, Jeff needs to up his tempo, which will come. Just a pity we couldn't take our two chances.

...chances win matches...they took theirs we didn't but we are stronger than last season and will bounce back quicker

Agree with positive comments above, particularly SDD's reply to Ckaplan. Unaccustomed to see us play that style, but we did well with it. Unfortunately, when chances are few, you have to make them count, and we did not.

Big call (again ungiven) was Alonso disrupting Smithy's thrown in. TV commentators assured it should have been a yellow, would have made his second and he is off.

Nice intro to Lerma and Rico. Rico certainly makes a pretty pass.

Cannot wait to get at Leicester and Burnley. Damn that international break.

I couldn't go today so I can't really comment on the rights and wrongs but... we played that formation last year there and smashed them on the break. Sounds like they are better this year and kept us pinned back. The formation is as attacking or defensive as you want it to be but if they put pressure on you it looks like a negative back five.

Once again we lacked control and creativity in CM and to my way of thinking Lewis C and Brooksy could have made a significant impact on the game. Callum must put his chances away, that miss early in the first half was crucially important.

Callum's miss and then Ake putting it over from 2 yards which could have been 0-2... We were very fine margins away from doing the same as last season.

Rico's balls into the box were on the button every time. Lerma looks good and not as rash as I was expecting based on the yellow card stats. La Liga probably give them for less than the PL so we'll see I guess. Every one of our CM's would have been booked today, so can't read much into that.

Just on the way back. I thought we looked solid first half and both Rico and Lerma did well in a tough league debut. Rico's cross to King was sublime and he made a few good interceptions. Second half we tired and to be honest it looked inevitable we would concede.

Wee man looked a bit tired today, I still think he shouldn't have played mid week but obviously hindsight is 20:20!

Don't think subs earlier would have made much difference, Chelsea looked a lot stronger this year, in particular Hazard was everywhere and they look solid at the back. Don't think have the strike force to challenge Man City or Liverpool though, Morata was poor.

Great away support again, noisy throughout. Chelsea were even quieter than West Ham!

If Wilson or Ake take their chances, it's a different game. Both were sitters and you cannot afford to miss those in the big games. Fraser also with a decent opening at only 1 down. Can't complain at not having chances.

Chelsea's opener took a big deflection, and the killer second was helped by non existent defending from Ibe.

We played well overall, gave it a real go and went toe to toe for 70 minutes.

Lerma looks perfectly at home in Chelsea's company. Happy with the new lads.

I really think we need to get Lewis Cook playing, he does things that other players can't do. He was very unlucky to be dropped for the first few games of this season and last season come to that.

I think Gosling won the ball well,but he keeps giving it away and it puts us back under pressure.Begovic played well and Rico had a good game.Lerma played alright,but our midfield wasn't creative enough.

;