Dominic Solanke

50m?
40m?

I honestly can’t believe what I’m reading, what universe am I in where a proven home grown twenty goal a season striker in his prime costs that amount of money?

I am actually very nervous about this, because our ability to get fair market value for our players will give us a real insight into whether we do actually have scope to grow under Foley.

If Solanke was a Brighton player they wouldn’t even pick up the phone for the amounts that are being quoted. Looking at the market it has to be a minimum of 70m. If we sell for any less then we are mugs. Look at the fees Brighton get. Goal scorers cost a premium. I have an awful feeling we are going to sell for 50 and actually believe that it is a good deal.

Tbf how many home grown strikers have ever gone for anything like £70m?

There hasn't really been a homegrown striker that's made a "step up" move like that in recent times, that I can think of? Looking at the prices for other players though, like Maguire, it isn't totally outrageous.

If Toney hadn't been banned he would have gone last summer. Rumours were asking price of £100m but I guess they would have ended up accepting £70-80m if they could find a buyer.

12 months left on his contract so he's now available at a steep discount.

As has been mentioned though, I think we'll struggle to get top dollar as nobody wants to be seen buying an AFCB player for such a large amount.

There hasn't really been a homegrown striker that's made a "step up" move like that in recent times, that I can think of? Looking at the prices for other players though, like Maguire, it isn't totally outrageous.

If Toney hadn't been banned he would have gone last summer. Rumours were asking price of £100m but I guess they would have ended up accepting £70-80m if they could find a buyer.

12 months left on his contract so he's now available at a steep discount.

As has been mentioned though, I think we'll struggle to get top dollar as nobody wants to be seen buying an AFCB player for such a large amount.
Then he should not be sold, simple. Brighton are proof that the selling club can be the one who dictates the fee.

The fact that he’s homegrown should be neither here nor there, how many proven top level strikers do you see go for such a low amount as 50m in the last couple of seasons?
Our favourite topic of discussion nicolas jackson went to chelsea for a fairly low amount. Let's be honest though, you can find examples of anything - but I guess the definition of proven is up for debate. is solanke proven or does he need another season

I am actually very nervous about this, because our ability to get fair market value for our players will give us a real insight into whether we do actually have scope to grow under Foley.

If Solanke was a Brighton player they wouldn’t even pick up the phone for the amounts that are being quoted. Looking at the market it has to be a minimum of 70m. If we sell for any less then we are mugs. Look at the fees Brighton get. Goal scorers cost a premium. I have an awful feeling we are going to sell for 50 and actually believe that it is a good deal.
You don't think that our business savvy billionaire owner can be trusted to negotiate a deal that is beneficial to the club if it becomes necessary?

The fact that he’s homegrown should be neither here nor there, how many proven top level strikers do you see go for such a low amount as 50m in the last couple of seasons?

Ok any nationality, how many centre forwards Dom's age have gone for £70m with one prolific top-flight season under their belts?

so you want to really narrow the criteria. Challenge accepted

Ha, It would be interesting if you can find one.

As people have said the issue with vuing Dom at £70m+ is that the players that have gone for that sort of money tend to be younger, which obviously adds resale value but it also means they are less likely to have a period of struggling to find form on their CV like Dom has. I reckon £50m is what he'll go for.

Apparently 70m is quite a lot of money

Isak - probably too young
Anthony - not even "proven" - if you want to call him a forward
Gareth Bale is probably the next best.

Ha, It would be interesting if you can find one.

As people have said the issue with vuing Dom at £70m+ is that the players that have gone for that sort of money tend to be younger, which obviously adds resale value but it also means they are less likely to have a period of struggling to find form on their CV like Dom has. I reckon £50m is what he'll go for.
Yeah based on what I saw it is young players or elite players going for silly money. I mean Ake, although a defender, went for 40m, is he a better player than Solanke - certainly more proven.

;