Dominic Solanke

Unless he was to go abroad ?
I'm not sure the European leagues are awash with the amounts of money like the PL. Not sure there's a European club likely to pay either the required amount in transfer fees after one good season. If he stays and replicates this season or improves then I'm sure he'll move on, however, his stats of a goal every 173 minutes or so and an assist every 1000 minutes or so need to improve. I'm hoping to see more of Unal as I believe he is a more rounded forward with better ability in the air. We just haven't seen enough of him. Just over 200 minutes played and 2 goals and 2 assists suggests he's capable.

I'm not sure the European leagues are awash with the amounts of money like the PL. Not sure there's a European club likely to pay either the required amount in transfer fees after one good season. If he stays and replicates this season or improves then I'm sure he'll move on, however, his stats of a goal every 173 minutes or so and an assist every 1000 minutes or so need to improve. I'm hoping to see more of Unal as I believe he is a more rounded forward with better ability in the air. We just haven't seen enough of him. Just over 200 minutes played and 2 goals and 2 assists suggests he's capable.
Put those stats in context.

If you’d said Unal was more of a traditional number 9 in comparison to Solanke then that’s something I could see some debate in.

As a “more rounded forward”, I can’t see that at this point from him. Solanke offers everything the modern day number 9 is often asked to do. Which is why I think it’s daft that he’s not more in the conversation for England as he’s the most like for like option to Harry Kane that England have. Sure you want different options, but we have one Kane-centric way of playing and if he gets injured in the opening game of the tournament I’d rather slot Solanke in than anyone else.

Alex Crook hinting West Ham might try and sign Solanke if Moyes leaves in the summer.

I'll be honest, I'm a bit surprised by that. I would have thought Solanke would be a player they tried to sign if he was staying rather than the other way around. I could also see Moyes wanting to try and sign Semenyo.

Anyway, the fact is their record signing is £51m and I think they'd have to smash that if they wanted to get Dom this summer. I'd be surprised, especially given their track record in refusing to put in even remotely reasonable bids for our players, but never say never in football.

We could capitalise on his potential worth by not selling.
This is true, but what if this season is a one-off...? What if he gets injured next season or simply doesn't perform to the same levels...

All 'ifs and buts' I know but regardless of accounts being in a good place, we do need to sell someone in order to continue rebuilding a bit, and as much as I'd love him to stay, it makes so much sense to sell Solanke now, when he's in his prime, scoring for fun, attracting a good amount of media attention, and when we hold all the cards Re his length of contract etc.

If we hold on to him and he does 'ok' next season, but then decides he wants to move on, the longer he is here the more chance there is of us not being able to renegotiate on his contract and his worth will dip...

As I said... tough situation. No one wants to see him go, but the club and fans need to think this one with heads and not hearts...

If you’d said Unal was more of a traditional number 9 in comparison to Solanke then that’s something I could see some debate in.

As a “more rounded forward”, I can’t see that at this point from him. Solanke offers everything the modern day number 9 is often asked to do. Which is why I think it’s daft that he’s not more in the conversation for England as he’s the most like for like option to Harry Kane that England have. Sure you want different options, but we have one Kane-centric way of playing and if he gets injured in the opening game of the tournament I’d rather slot Solanke in than anyone else.
Anyone who looked at how poor and clueless England's approach play was in our recent games missing Kane, can see England really need someone as close to Kane in profile and attributes. Or else the side doesn't function. We're biased of course, but as good as Watkins and Toney are at what they do respectively and I'd have one or both in the squad if room. Solanke is the closest fit stylistically.

This is true, but what if this season is a one-off...? What if he gets injured next season or simply doesn't perform to the same levels...

All 'ifs and buts' I know but regardless of accounts being in a good place, we do need to sell someone in order to continue rebuilding a bit, and as much as I'd love him to stay, it makes so much sense to sell Solanke now, when he's in his prime, scoring for fun, attracting a good amount of media attention, and when we hold all the cards Re his length of contract etc.

If we hold on to him and he does 'ok' next season, but then decides he wants to move on, the longer he is here the more chance there is of us not being able to renegotiate on his contract and his worth will dip...

As I said... tough situation. No one wants to see him go, but the club and fans need to think this one with heads and not hearts...
It doesn't matter what the fans think.

Are Man Cheaty, Arsenal, Liverpool, going to buy him? No. How about the 3 promoted teams ? No.
If Liverpool still have that sell-on clause, then wouldn't that effectively give them a nice discount if they were to buy him back?
Salah may not be around next year. Dom might thrive over there.
(not saying he should go)

Are Man Cheaty, Arsenal, Liverpool, going to buy him? No. How about the 3 promoted teams ? No. Will he choose a club that finishes lower than us this season very doubtful and also doubtful that any team that finishes lower than us will pay the ludicrous amounts mentioned on here. Tottenham? Possibly but their very shrewd owner won't pay the amounts mentioned on here. Villa ? Doubtful they would want Solanke as they are pretty well covered in that area. Chelsea? Doubt they will be able to spend anything . West Ham gets mentioned a lot but realistically are West Ham going to spend anywhere north of £35-40m for a forward whos had one good season? Very unlikely. For his stock to rise he needs next season to be the same or better than this one. I can't see him going anywhere through both choice and lack of offers the club find acceptable.

I love how you have an opinion that you think we should listen too when you wanted him gone in the Championship as you didnt think he was good enough. Now you have an opinion on what teams are going to sign him?

Get out of here. lol

I love how you have an opinion that you think we should listen too when you wanted him gone in the Championship as you didnt think he was good enough. Now you have an opinion on what teams are going to sign him?

Get out of here. lol
Don't remember saying we should get rid in the championship but I don't rate him as PL striker. One decent season won't convince me. My opinion regarding which teams would sign him shows that there aren't many , if any, at the price tag being banded around in here. My opinion on selling him hasn't changed. If we receive an offer of over £35-40m then we should sell. For all the positives about the number of goals he's scored this season there are still negatives about his overall ability. In my opinion. Which I'm entitled to. Thank you.

You seem desperate to sell our biggest asset and have been for some time. I just don't get it !! Do you know what happens to clubs that sell their best players?

If Liverpool still have that sell-on clause, then wouldn't that effectively give them a nice discount if they were to buy him back?
Salah may not be around next year. Dom might thrive over there.
(not saying he should go)

It would become a negotiation, much like when Ramsdale was sold back to Sheffield United.

Don't remember saying we should get rid in the championship but I don't rate him as PL striker. One decent season won't convince me. My opinion regarding which teams would sign him shows that there aren't many , if any, at the price tag being banded around in here. My opinion on selling him hasn't changed. If we receive an offer of over £35-40m then we should sell. For all the positives about the number of goals he's scored this season there are still negatives about his overall ability. In my opinion. Which I'm entitled to. Thank you.

20 second search will refresh your memory lol

You are allowed your opinion like anyone, it's meaningless though when you have been wrong non stop for 4 years. Suddenly you are an expert

Ps, your opinion on selling him HAS changed..in the the champ you just wanted him gone and said his signing fee was lost. Now it's £35 million. Next year you might actually value him appropriately

I've always been an advocate for selling players if the price is right but a few posts on here as well as Kris Temple saying £45M makes me wonder if there's is anyone out there willing to offer the 'right' price.

We'll probably need to drop around £20M to get a stand in and if Liverpool are taking 20%, it's "only" £16M profit. Ironically, Liverpool would make £30M (in total) from us from a £45M sale. Not bad for a free transfer.

Just seems like there's not actually a viable destination that is beneficial for all parties.

20 second search will refresh your memory lol

You are allowed your opinion like anyone, it's meaningless though when you have been wrong non stop for 4 years. Suddenly you are an expert

Ps, your opinion on selling him HAS changed..in the the champ you just wanted him gone and said his signing fee was lost. Now it's £35 million. Next year you might actually value him appropriately
I don't bother with searching back. What's said is said. I've certainly never claimed to be an expert certainly not to the extent of some on here. How does anyone put a value on any player? His value is what another team is willing to pay in an era of trumped up valuations and transfers. I don't value him at the 50, 60, even more millions mentioned on here as it's one decent top level season under his belt. I also can't see any team in this division paying anywhere that amount for him for different reasons.

I've always been an advocate for selling players if the price is right but a few posts on here as well as Kris Temple saying £45M makes me wonder if there's is anyone out there willing to offer the 'right' price.

We'll probably need to drop around £20M to get a stand in and if Liverpool are taking 20%, it's "only" £16M profit. Ironically, Liverpool would make £30M (in total) from us from a £45M sale. Not bad for a free transfer.

Just seems like there's not actually a viable destination that is beneficial for all parties.
I think we’d have to spend over 20m to get a viable replacement in, that is if we are serious about progressing. Probably looking at smashing our transfer record.

That’s the issue, I really feel like unless it’s 60m+ then it isn’t worth doing.

Unless we sell him and sign a youngster to develop, in which case we clearly aren’t going to progress as Foley talks about.

I don't bother with searching back. What's said is said. I've certainly never claimed to be an expert certainly not to the extent of some on here. How does anyone put a value on any player? His value is what another team is willing to pay in an era of trumped up valuations and transfers. I don't value him at the 50, 60, even more millions mentioned on here as it's one decent top level season under his belt. I also can't see any team in this division paying anywhere that amount for him for different reasons.

I know you cant...becuase you wanted him gone for nothing 2 years ago. Why would you see any other team wanting him when you think so lowly of him.

I think we’d have to spend over 20m to get a viable replacement in, that is if we are serious about progressing. Probably looking at smashing our transfer record.

That’s the issue, I really feel like unless it’s 60m+ then it isn’t worth doing.

Unless we sell him and sign a youngster to develop, in which case we clearly aren’t going to progress as Foley talks about.

I wonder whether we've already factored a sale number into our ffp spreadsheet?

anything north of £50m seems about right given the colossal numbers spent elsewhere on shite
surely spurs must be looking for a proper no.9?

isn't it 20% on profit not overall?

I wonder whether we've already factored a sale number into our ffp spreadsheet?

anything north of £50m seems about right given the colossal numbers spent elsewhere on shite
surely spurs must be looking for a proper no.9?
It’s possible. From what the likes of Temple and Mcadam say though we don’t need to make any sales this year to comply as we are pretty comfortably within the limit. Who knows though, everyone has an agenda so can’t take what they say as gospel.

Tottenham is a good shout, think West Ham is a possible too, as gut wrenching as it would be to see him go there.

;