Eddie Mitchell latest

Al, everyone is saying is despite what he may have done wrong in your eyes, you shouldn't ever ever wish another human being doesn't pull through. I have had many people do me wrong, doesn't mean I wouldn't want them to pull through.

Come on mate, drop it now, he's history to the club now - like him or not. Let's hope he pulls through for his family.

I'm literally incredulous, Al.

There are 3 ways to reply to this news.

1) Sorry to hear he's ill. Hope he recovers.

2) Say absolutely nothing and keep your own internal grievances exactly that - internal.

3) Go about it like Al and completely and u acceptably celebrate someone coming to harm. Isn't there a word for someone like that?

If Al is allowed to continue using this forum. I for sure never will again. I come on here for a bit of an escape. Sit down for five minutes have a roley, cuppa and a read. How can a football forum even lead to that... wow. Will probably get slated for this but just how I feel.

Been reading this forum for nearly ten years and in my short time here said a few things football related that were probably ******************************** but some of the conversations that develop on here aren’t nice reading.

The ironic thing is I’m the one that will probably end up banned after a message to his inbox saying prick. It was heat of the moment Harry Arter moment. But no I don’t apologise for it.

Hopefully some positive reads tomorrow night after the game. Up the cherries.

All the best Eddie Mitchell (another human)

I I come on here for a bit of an escape. Sit down for five minutes have a roley, cuppa and a read. How can a football forum even lead to that ...
Hopefully some positive reads tomorrow night after the game. Up the cherries.
MM - I feel somewhat the same. I am not at all embarrassed to say that I have used the "ignore" button for AG. I joined this forum to share the celebration of the Cherries with like-minded supporters. As a Canadian, my "soccer" upbringing was negligible, so I hoped to, and have learned about, strategies and tactics. I also wanted to get Cherries news, which of course is non-existent over here. Not sure if you have followed the Jukebox thread, it is wonderful, so much positivity. AG and many others have all the history, and that should be respected. But there is enough sh*t in this world, I don't need it to infiltrate things that I want to feel good about. So one thumbs up to you from me.

Interesting editing?
How so? MM's post is right there above, and my tag to his thoughts were primarily the "on here for a bit of escape". Have I inadvertently misled somehow? I have no desire to have AG banned, nor would I stop following the forum - just hit "ignore" and the issue goes away. Sorry, not sure what I did wrong.

Eddie Mitchell and his family deserve our full support in this time. Believe me undergoing open heart surgery is no joke and no one should be celebrating that another human being and their close relatives are undergoing such a worrying and for EM painful and frightening experience.

I don't have particularly positive memories of EM's time in charge and I'm sure there were a number of things that he did that many of us would disapprove of.... but cardiac arrest (twice) and open heart surgery is not something to celebrate. I am saddened that this thread has become so vitriolic and antagonistic towards a fellow human being whose life currently hangs in the balance.
It certainly is no joke as I know myself and am still recovering from - it comes out of nowhere and suddenly your world is hurled around and you can’t quite believe it .
Hope Eddie makes a full recovery and can get on and enjoy life .

How so? MM's post is right there above, and my tag to his thoughts were primarily the "on here for a bit of escape". Have I inadvertently misled somehow? I have no desire to have AG banned, nor would I stop following the forum - just hit "ignore" and the issue goes away. Sorry, not sure what I did wrong.
I may be wrong but I don’t think the comment was directed at you TJ.

I missed the AG post...been with the missus for her radiology treatment in Plymouth.
I assume the post was swiftly removed but I've picked up the general gist from the reactions...I'm finding it hard to digest. Some other posts are not too nice either.
Ive never been upset by his financial reflections...always seen it as nothing but lightweight banter...but this is quite different.
The phrase ' Money is the root of all Evil' comes to mind if that is what it's about from Al's corner!

no idea what he was responsible for or not, but he let Eddie go and then got him back but the big thing for me is, Denim. I am willing to forgive for what has happened since he brought Denim in.

ultimately, my thoughts are with his family, I hope he is ok

If Al is allowed to continue using this forum. I for sure never will again.

Sorry, but you really need to get over yourself.

This forum welcomes one and all and plenty of diverse opinions, flouncing out may well make you feel better, but it won't exactly change the world as we know it.

As for send a message calling Al a prick?

I wouldn't worry, he's been called far, far worse. :grinning:

He won't be losing sleep.

I missed the AG post...been with the missus for her radiology treatment in Plymouth.
I assume the post was swiftly removed but I've picked up the general gist from the reactions...I'm finding it hard to digest. Some other posts are not too nice either.
Ive never been upset by his financial reflections...always seen it as nothing but lightweight banter...but this is quite different.
The phrase ' Money is the root of all Evil' comes to mind if that is what it's about from Al's corner!
Ignoring all else Bill, best wishes to the missus ref. her radiology treatment

Ignoring all else Bill, best wishes to the missus ref. her radiology treatment

Thanks TC. She is nearly there with another successful outcome! The same hospital saved her sight 3 years ago with an operation for macular damage and also treatment for B/cancer 12 years ago.
When I told her consultant she deserves footballers wages she actually told me that the majority of clubs and many players have at some time donated large sums of money to cancer research and local hospital needs. It was good to hear it from someone in the NHS and for me it's something to consider when myself and others moan about football finance...most of the time we only see the headline stuff such as J. Defoes great efforts with the Sunderland boy Bradley. Must be lots of other positive things from clubs and players towards the public's needs.

Thanks TC. She is nearly there with another successful outcome! The same hospital saved her sight 3 years ago with an operation for macular damage and also treatment for B/cancer 12 years ago.
When I told her consultant she deserves footballers wages she actually told me that the majority of clubs and many players have at some time donated large sums of money to cancer research and local hospital needs. It was good to hear it from someone in the NHS and for me it's something to consider when myself and others moan about football finance...most of the time we only see the headline stuff such as J. Defoes great efforts with the Sunderland boy Bradley. Must be lots of other positive things from clubs and players towards the public's needs.

Best wishes to your wife.

When I spent 12 days in RBH earlier this year, all the staff were brilliant.

You might be interested in this if you didn’t know.

AFC Bournemouth will be showing their support to Childhood Cancer Awareness month at this weekend’s fixture against Leicester City at Vitality Stadium.

Premier League and EFL clubs have united this September for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, supporting the Bradley Lowery Foundation as they fundraise to aid further research into childhood cancer.

Six-year old Sunderland supporter Bradley Lowery lost his battle to High Risk Neuroblastoma in July 2017, striking up a friendship with current Cherries player Jermain Defoe in his final months.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/club-to-support-childhood-cancer-awareness-month

;