Jack Wilshere

JT says that Jack is full of 'enfusiasm' and loves the area and the players like what he did before. I hope the love extends to a decent display on the pitch! :love1:
...I really like JW (despite his past rants about Spurs etc) and hope that he and his family can settle here and his football will see an indian summer for him!

We will never have those feelings as fans that we had back then even if we do get back up this season...I blame The PL!
I know. I can't help thinking that this time, if we were to get promoted from the Championship for a second time, it would just feel like "OK, good job lads. We did it. Carry on."

I really can't imagine it feeling anything like it did in 2015. Back then it just felt like this was probably our only chance ever of reaching the top league and I was so desperate for it to happen and for us not to blow it. The relief when we finally crossed the line was unbelievable.

Now it very much feels like "Been there, done it, it was interesting but not all that. If we get there again, fair enough. If not, let's at least try to be the best team in whatever league we are in".

For the club's finances it is probably very important to get promoted straight back up, so that's pretty much the only reason I am hoping we are good enough to get the job done this season.

I think we could see him play some part tonight. No need for the club to rush it through and start paying him if they didn’t want him involved this season.

This should be exciting for us all!

...I really like JW (despite his past rants about Spurs etc) and hope that he and his family can settle here and his football will see an indian summer for him!

Spurs rants were bad* but he has a fan-like enthusiasm and approach. Probably why he settled in well at afcb as doesn’t have airs and graces like some players.

* but no many doubt arsenal fans had a laugh about it!

Spurs rants were bad* but he has a fan-like enthusiasm and approach. Probably why he settled in well at afcb as doesn’t have airs and graces like some players.

* but no many doubt arsenal fans had a laugh about it!
I forgive him as he was young and didn't know what he was doing!...I remeber last time his litle boy had an AFCB shirt...wonder if he still has it?

I liked the music, it was really chilled and relaxing!

But yes, quality. If he can get back to around 80% if what he once did for us, it'll be be a laugh.

Play it with the music off.... but if he still has half the quality he had when he was last year he will be a HUGE asset. I forgot just how good he was :)

Interesting article in Express this mo....impressive words from Jack and from Blake.. hopefully JT is on the same page....so far I've only seen where JT says that Jack is ' enthusiatic'....so let's see if he picks him soon...hope so as it could bring out more in Lewis Cook, having some class alongside him and taking off /sharing the pressure. The level of excitement has been taken up a notch for tonight even if he doesn't start..could be what gels together the seemingly the fragmented team.

Last edited:
I think this has the potential to be a phenomenal bit of business. I really enjoyed watching him play and thought he was very good for us. People bang on about his lack of goals, but watching that clip back the bloke had no luck in front of goal! He was wasted in games where we couldn't get on the ball, but I don't see that being as big a problem in this league. Just need to keep him fit. Would love to see a midfield 3 of him, Cook and Jeff.

Is he considered an attacking midfielder? Box to box or more defensive?
Very much attacking, likes to get the ball and move forward with it. He likes to glide past players with the ball and then usually picks out a decent pass to a forward player once he has reduced the distance to them.

Just going to add, needs to be in a midfield three. Preferably with at least one anchoring defensive midfielder behind him.
Yes. I wonder if that means we'll simply put Lerma back to where he spent most of his time with us, after his brief spell in a more attacking role ? Seems likely if JW is to play that Lerma would have to drop back to his more defensive role. When not suspended, obviously ;)

Fact is, that video is all about what we’ve been missing for three seasons. Those are skills of the highest quality - now the question is how to integrate JW in the current squad. Maybe we’ll find out something tonight, when we must come away with three points. JW with Cook and Lerma in a midfield triangle, with Danjuma and Brooks moving forward with Solanke? Could be tasty.

;