Jason Tindall

Jason has been hugely loyal to Eddie and i know there were times when they had disagreements but Jason followed the bosses instructions. The highest qualified coach at the club and somebody that may be a bit stricter with the players and team around him. Like Eddie, Jason lives and breaths the club and believe me bringing in somebody like Nigel Pearson would cause more disruption to our club when we need to be focused with starting a new campaign in a few weeks time.

Jason has been hugely loyal to Eddie and i know there were times when they had disagreements but Jason followed the bosses instructions. The highest qualified coach at the club and somebody that may be a bit stricter with the players and team around him. Like Eddie, Jason lives and breaths the club and believe me bringing in somebody like Nigel Pearson would cause more disruption to our club when we need to be focused with starting a new campaign in a few weeks time.
The whole point of Eddie leaving was so that we can go in a new direction. In what world could that possibly involve Tindall being appointed?

Of course it did, but it’s blatantly obvious that things have gone stale now. Stability is absolutely the last thing that we need at this moment in time.

I completely agree. I want a completely fresh approach now and not Tindall the only thing is we have 13 days until the players return so if there was ever to be a summer of stability it would have to be this one

Yes it probably has gone stale and there is a lot of dead wood throughout the club / academy that need to be cleared away. Trouble is AFCB has been built in all departments through loyalty during good and some very bad times when people worked for nothing and wiping out everybody is not going to be the answer.

My worry with Tindall is that I think the players need a fresh voice and a change in tactics ,its obvious the players were not motivated by EH and JT or didn't believe in their tactics anymore.
JT would just be a cheap continuation of the same situation.

I don't get this call for Tindall to take charge, surely he had a major say with Eddie in his team selection and formations, lets be honest Eddie lost it in the last year or so, we need some fresh ideas imo. I don't get why Lee Johnson is being talked about either, he was a failure as Bristol City manager.
To be fair most out of work managers have failed at some point....as Eddie did at Burnley!

What is the definition of failing as a manager these days?

I’ve seen both Lee Johnson and Eddie Howe at Burnley described as failures recently. Johnson’s win rate at City was 38%, Eddie at Burnley was 39% while 40% at AFCB

I guess that means 40% must be the cutoff not to be a failure!

I've always viewed Tindall as a number two, very similar to Kevin Bond. He can take a break for a while and when Eddie takes his next job he will now doubt be his assistant again.

What is the definition of failing as a manager these days?

I’ve seen both Lee Johnson and Eddie Howe at Burnley described as failures recently. Johnson’s win rate at City was 38%, Eddie at Burnley was 39% while 40% at AFCB

I guess that means 40% must be the cutoff not to be a failure!
Also depends what league you are in. A 30% win rate in the PL with a few draws added in means you would stay up virtually every season. If we had a 30% win rate this season we would have stayed up comfortably.

I'd support JT but at the same time, be very disappointed if he was announced. Just a gut feeling but even though I am still sad that Eddie has gone, I did also feel we had been stale for 12 months and often wondered whether a new man with fresh ideas could get more out of the squad.

Also depends what league you are in. A 30% win rate in the PL with a few draws added in means you would stay up virtually every season. If we had a 30% win rate this season we would have stayed up comfortably.
Yeah it was a rhetorical record really. I think it’s lazy to say a manager failed at a certain club without understanding the factors involved.

We get annoyed when people like Talk Sport and that idiot on the BBC imply Eddie failed at AFCB. But when we say things like Eddie at Burnley, Johnson or Hughton failed at other clubs, aren’t we just as guilty of jumping on the same bandwagon and re-writing history?

In a bizarre fashion we've all been suggesting that we should have a new face around DC for ages... Unfortunately the situation evolved to leave us with the wrong person...

Is there not somewhere a manager who is doing well at a club and is ready to make a step up?

Like the rabbit hutch guy when that lot up the road got him. Or Potter at Infrastructure FC.

Does it have to be someone whose last job was a failure somewhere and in need of another chance?

;