Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wilshere left WHam with a pay-off as he had a fair bit of time left on his contract, unless you're suggesting he just tore it up and left with nothing? I'd be surprised.

Jimmy is suggesting we don't have much money to spend. If that was the case I doubt we'd be signing the likes of wilshere.

I doubt many other clubs at this level could afford long on loan (apparently on 60k a week at saints), wilshere who was recently earning close to 100k a week and Pearson from Preston.

Jimmy is suggesting we don't have much money to spend. If that was the case I doubt we'd be signing the likes of wilshere.

I doubt many other clubs at this level could afford long on loan (apparently on 60k a week at saints), wilshere who was recently earning close to 100k a week and Pearson from Preston.

Pearson replaced Gosling and Long replaced King. I reckon Gosling and King were probably on more money as well.

So Wilshere is the only one we added to our wage bill, although we did lose Simpson, Ofoborh and a few other young lads.

I'm really struggling with those who are questioning Denim.

If he only wanted to cash in we would have sold King before the season started. We would also have touted out and taken bids for those out of contract this coming summer, like S Cook and Smith. If it's true we also turned down a bid for Lerma then surely we would also have accepted that?

There are many ways to spend money. One is to lash out on transfer fees. Another is to hold on to senior players who you could sell but would rather give the squad a better chance of going up. We've done more of the latter than the former but let's not pretend we don't have a massive budget being spent this year compared to many other teams.

Max could have completely hollowed out the squad and kept the parachute payments along with transfer fees to try and get his investment back on the level. That would have been spending the minimum.

Wait until the accounts are published for this season and I think a few people will be very surprised at just how much is being spent on this team.

Been saying for a while I think Demin wants out, waiting to see if we got back to PL, then bail out..... but that seems to be slipping away.
This is an important half of the season, the club is at a bit of a crossroads ,be interesting to see which way they choose to go.

Some excitement and desire needs to be injected back into this club - badly. Starting to wonder if Demin just wants to spend the minimum now until he can flog us. He’s an investor not a bottomless cash bucket after all.

Max became a fan before he had invested in our club.

At the time there were other Russians interested, luckily for us Eddie Mitchell said no and we know where they went next.

After a while following our club Max put money into it.

If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have enjoyed that ride up through the leagues, also with Eddie Howe building the team on the pitch into a winning outfit.

I'm really struggling with those who are questioning Denim.

If he only wanted to cash in we would have sold King before the season started. We would also have touted out and taken bids for those out of contract this coming summer, like S Cook and Smith. If it's true we also turned down a bid for Lerma then surely we would also have accepted that?

There are many ways to spend money. One is to lash out on transfer fees. Another is to hold on to senior players who you could sell but would rather give the squad a better chance of going up. We've done more of the latter than the former but let's not pretend we don't have a massive budget being spent this year compared to many other teams.

Max could have completely hollowed out the squad and kept the parachute payments along with transfer fees to try and get his investment back on the level. That would have been spending the minimum.

Wait until the accounts are published for this season and I think a few people will be very surprised at just how much is being spent on this team.
I agree. I don't get the sense that Max is trying to trim the budget at all costs, he's trying to find a balance between saving money and maintaining a squad with enough quality to compete for promotion from this division. That seems like the obvious thing to do. It's a tough balance to find but I certainly don't see him sitting on his wallet at the expense of our chances of being competitive. I think he is doing his best to find an acceptable compromise given the current situation.

Been saying for a while I think Demin wants out, waiting to see if we got back to PL, then bail out..... but that seems to be slipping away.
This is an important half of the season, the club is at a bit of a crossroads ,be interesting to see which way they choose to go.
Well if he does I'm not sure I'd blame him.

He took a major investment risk which worked out and saw the club rise to the top. Now, as is the way with so many on here, he's yet another scapegoat for the crime of not spending the money how we would like it.

Well if he does I'm not sure I'd blame him.

He took a major investment risk which worked out and saw the club rise to the top. Now, as is the way with so many on here, he's yet another scapegoat for the crime of not spending the money how we would like it.
Don't think everyone thinks he spent the money wrongly......it kept us in the PL for 5 seasons.....I know lots on here bang on about a new ground, but we couldn't of had it both ways.......having said that ,for the cost of one of our failed signings we could of had a new training ground .
One of my disappointments with Max is wish he was a bit more hands on and connected with the fans a bit more, but that seems to be the way with most owners these days .

And the thing is Rob, it's his money, not ours.

Indeed. The club , the debt, that chunk of the Stour Valley belong to Max and his family. This is all nothing new however, Norwich fans (despite the clubs success) bemoan Delia for not frittering away the whole family fortune on their Saturday afternoon hobby.

We've had several bouts of ' Howe Out'..many more of 'Tindall Out'....Woodgate gets his 'Outing'... virtually as he sent his first squad out onto the pitch !
That's all in the past year.. wonder how many more Out Shouts will appear from the Venerable Sages on these pages before Xmas.
I have a feeling were not finished on that yet !
Not being pessimistic like.. but this 'Business Bureaucracy' of sorts needs to get something right soon on the 'Football' front!

Seems unlikely someone will be in charge before the weekend, even if announced tomorrow, no time for someone to take charge
Non-story. Of course he will be in charge on Saturday but he can't say it until it has been confirmed. As you say, no time for the new man to prepare for Saturday, even if he came in tomorrow !

;