Marc Pugh

....difficult to separate club legends...so many to pick over the years IMO..

Ted MacDougall...iconic striker who we will never see the like of again...

Harry Redknapp...player and who as a manager ave us our first taste of glory.

Sean O'Driscoll...dedicated club servant and did so much for AFCB over his time here.

Steve Fletcher...overcame a tough start to win the hearts of the fans,really important cog in the wheel of AFCB..

Eddie Howe...what more can be said about this fella?

Marc Pugh..true professional and played his heart and soul out for us,back from an horrendous freak knee injury, that goal v Bolton will be in my memory eternal..

worthy mentions to Harry Arter...James Hayter...Phil Boyer...Luther Blissett...Neil Young...Bret Pitman...Willo...Franno...Chaz..

On legend in my view was Alan Groves - One of the best wingers we have ever had. He was quick and could make a fool out of anybody that challenged him.

On legend in my view was Alan Groves - One of the best wingers we have ever had. He was quick and could make a fool out of anybody that challenged him.
Agreed one of the best, if not the best winger we have ever had but unsure we should use the word legend due to his short time with us.
I remember him at Dean Court playing for Shrewsbury Town he absolutely tore us apart, I was thrilled when we signed him.

I was thinking about Alan Groves earlier, and how it's nice to that going forward when I hear "Groves and Brooks" I can think of arguably our two most gifted wingers rather than, well you know

No way. Much as I like Pugh, fletch has done more on the pitch; club record appearances, 3 promotions, two of the greatest escapes including galvanising the 08/09 recovery and then helped steady the ship when Eddie left to coach the team to the only league 1 play off campaign plus still helps with training.

Not qualified to talk about off pitch but he has done so much community work too.

That's all well and good, but I did preface my opinion on Pugh with "For me..." :grinning:

I mean, Pugh was also involved in 3 promotions. All of which I was actually old enough to have a season ticket for, and see live. Great escape?? Pfftt. We'd already done one of them. How about winning promotion to the Premier League?! He's played in most of my favourite Bournemouth games. I've watched Pugh utterly humiliate Azpilicueta, the best fullback in the world, with a few turns. He scored a hattrick in our biggest ever win (post war). He was an integral part of what I believe is one of the best sides to ever play in the Championship. Off pitch Pugh is a saint.

I do like Fletch a lot, obviously, but I just like Pugh more. And he's more of a legend to me.

They also have the same conversion rate (16%), with one being a striker and the other being a winger, which is pretty funny.

That's all well and good, but I did preface my opinion on Pugh with "For me..." :grinning:

I mean, Pugh was also involved in 3 promotions. All of which I was actually old enough to have a season ticket for, and see live. Great escape?? Pfftt. We'd already done one of them. How about winning promotion to the Premier League?! He's played in most of my favourite Bournemouth games. I've watched Pugh utterly humiliate Azpilicueta, the best fullback in the world, with a few turns. He scored a hattrick in our biggest ever win (post war). He was an integral part of what I believe is one of the best sides to ever play in the Championship. Off pitch Pugh is a saint.

I do like Fletch a lot, obviously, but I just like Pugh more. And he's more of a legend to me.

They also have the same conversion rate (16%), with one being a striker and the other being a winger, which is pretty funny.

Can’t argue with you re the “for me” part. Massive fan of Pugh so not going to challenge the facts.

In defence of fletch, many other players benefitted from his role in the team plus most seasons we were a struggling a team where attacking was more limited.

How can the fans say their own farewell to Marc?

Our last home game is on 4th May. Hull"s final league game is the following day. We then play our final game away to Palace on the 12th. So maybe a friendly of sorts can be arranged around the 7th, 8th or 9th May.

Marc's contract with us ends before pre-season training starts, so he’s likely to have signed for a new club by end of June so a possible pre-season friendly could be arranged with us at home to his new club.

The first option is the best one, if AFCB are willing.

How can the fans say their own farewell to Marc?

Our last home game is on 4th May. Hull"s final league game is the following day. We then play our final game away to Palace on the 12th. So maybe a friendly of sorts can be arranged around the 7th, 8th or 9th May.

Marc's contract with us ends before pre-season training starts, so he’s likely to have signed for a new club by end of June so a possible pre-season friendly could be arranged with us at home to his new club.

The first option is the best one, if AFCB are willing.

I agree, Certainly feels like he needs a proper goodbye

Not wishing to diminish Pugh’s achievements but Pugh was with us for two promotions.

He joined after promotion from League Two and was part of the other promotions alongside Francis, Elphick, Cook, Daniels, Arter and Fraser.

Not wishing to diminish Pugh’s achievements but Pugh was with us for two promotions.

He joined after promotion from League Two and was part of the other promotions alongside Francis, Elphick, Cook, Daniels, Arter and Fraser.

Haha thats on me. I counted leagues rather than promotions for some reason, because I'm stupid.

Completed signing.

Good luck Marc, been a very professional player at our club, on and off the pitch.
My memory of a true gent.... when he played for Hereford, scored against us and Jason Tindall racing across the pitch at the final whistle obviously trying to sign him up. Pughie walked off, eventually, with a great big smile.

Club legend. Will be talked about in 50 years still by those that witnessed it as kids/teenagers. I suspect it’s not the last we’ll see of him down here if Eddie is still manager when he retires.

Just seen the photos of him holding up his number 8 Hull shirt. Just looks wrong - we’re so used to seeing him at AFCB

;