Marc Pugh

Feels like when Bond booted Fletch out, though I was amazed (but not really surprised) that the biggest bullies in the league decided to sign the unit that was Soupa, Chesterfield

I think it helped fletch prolong his career by leaving and having to work hard to establish himself at other clubs. This move may help pughie get a few more seasons more playing time too.

Haha! He was driving his huge Audi A7 (number plate PUG111E) which must have about the same turning circle as...Fletch!

The Q7 has rear-wheel steering as well as front, which makes for a nice tight, turning circle.

I'm very sad at his leaving. With his contract up this summer, he's been allowed to go, so he can pick up a nice juicy, signing-on golden-hello, for next season. Good luck to him.

I'm actually welling up a little knowing he'll be wearing something else and black until May

Of course it’s a bit sad to see him go but what cheers me up is knowing that he will get what he really wants and will be able to enjoy playing meaningful football matches again. Imagine if he scores the play-off final winner for Hull which gets them promoted. That would be awesome. Hull will now officially be my second team until the end of this season, that’s for sure.

Hope we haven't seen the last of Pughy in a Bournemouth shirt .Remember the club and the fans having an absolute sh*t fit when the tribuneral made us pay something like 90 grand for him ... bargain of the decade :utc:

Completely agree, now, at the time I were one of those throwing my y-fronts in the air and wetting my bed. 100k for a winger from almost wales, I were fuming. Not at the management, because I did want him, just another stick to beat the football league with

I know you can't officially retire shirts, it's full on against the rules, but I'd love us not to issue anyone else a #7 for a very long time. Just you know, because

Pugh is a legend of Steve Fletcher proportions. If this is the end of his AFCB career then I hope we, as fans, get to see him one last time in a testimonial. Legend of a player and that goal against Bolton will go to the grave with me. By all accounts he was a model professional and a great guy.

I am the sentimental sort.
I cried when Bond let Fletch go.
And I'm experiencing that same reaction this morning.

I think it hurts more because I'm of the opinion that he could still do a job for us in the Premier League.

Along with a very very select few, Marc Pugh has been central and often responsible for the majority of the happiest moments I've had in the last 10 years, or in the case of that Bolton goal, my life.

See out the season at Hull, and do well for them... Back in the summer for his testimonial (can you do that at the start of your 10th season) and then retire him to the back room staff to join Coops, Connell, C and S Fletcher, Purches, Glass...

It's a given... :)

See out the season at Hull, and do well for them... Back in the summer for his testimonial (can you do that at the start of your 10th season) and then retire him to the back room staff to join Coops, Connell, C and S Fletcher, Purches, Glass...

It's a given... :)

He's only 31, quite young to retire from playing!

Really sorry to see him go, he's been outstanding for us. Always happy to stop and talk to anyone who accosted him : )

Ideal scenario, good loan spell at Hull, comes back and does preseason with us ( has a decent deal lined up with someone ), starts one of the home friendlies. Then comes off after 10-15 minutes to a standing ovation, ceremonially handing his number 7 shirt over to summer signing Isco : )

We watched him against Eastleigh reserves earlier in the season, even at 5 goals up he was still encouraging the youngsters, disputing decisions with the ref and lino, true professional with a will to win. I did think it was a bit harsh on the Eastleigh youngsters, playing against Premier League players like Pughie and Tyronne. Then I realised that at the age of 19-20, they were playing non league football, getting taught the same harsh lessons. : )

Marc Pugh deserves all the good things he gets, he's help make this club what it is today. Been a privilege to watch him, thanks for the memories Marc and good luck to you and your family : )

;