Marc Pugh

Pugh is more of a club icon for me personally than Fletcher. And has done more for the club on the pitch.

No way. Much as I like Pugh, fletch has done more on the pitch; club record appearances, 3 promotions, two of the greatest escapes including galvanising the 08/09 recovery and then helped steady the ship when Eddie left to coach the team to the only league 1 play off campaign plus still helps with training.

Not qualified to talk about off pitch but he has done so much community work too.

No way. Much as I like Pugh, fletch has done more on the pitch; club record appearances, 3 promotions, two of the greatest escapes including galvanising the 08/09 recovery and then helped steady the ship when Eddie left to coach the team to the only league 1 play off campaign plus still helps with training.

Not qualified to talk about off pitch but he has done so much community work too.
I agree, Pugh is a legend but fletch, oh fletch, please excuse me for a minute...

I concur with everything that people have said. Makes sense for him to have game time somewhere, he's still quite young really. Model professional and genuine nice guy.
And, as I thought at the time, when he scored that great goal against Brighton in the cup a few weeks back, probably the last goal for the Cherries.
Good luck Marc.

You cannot separate Pugh and Fletcher in terms of importance to the club's history....equal reverence...leave it there!
Pugh the better player in terms of skill but Fletchers presence, leadership and spirit brings him level.....crucial goals from both!

You cannot separate Pugh and Fletcher in terms of importance to the club's history....equal reverence...leave it there!
Pugh the better player in terms of skill but Fletchers presence, leadership and spirit brings him level.....crucial goals from both!

Probably... but for my money if Fletch didn't come back, Eddie wouldn't have been able to save us and who knows what would have happened. Also, Fletch never scored against us either. ;)

The fact that Pugh even runs Fletch close tells you all you need to know about the player and the man. Proper AFCB legend.

I was driving back home to Nottingham yesterday afternoon and overtook Pughie on the M27. He was driving alone and I wondered where he might be off to, so Hull it was.

Absolute legend and one of my favourite players of all time. I remember first seeing him in that midweek League 2 match at Hereford in 2009 when he scored 2 goals past us. We were top of the league at the time and they were down the bottom if I remember rightly so I went there with great expectations only to see us fall to a dismal 2-1 defeat. He was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch that day and just a few months later I was chuffed to hear we’d signed him.

I was driving back home to Nottingham yesterday afternoon and overtook Pughie on the M27. He was driving alone and I wondered where he might be off to, so Hull it was.

Absolute legend and one of my favourite players of all time. I remember first seeing him in that midweek League 2 match at Hereford in 2009 when he scored 2 goals past us. We were top of the league at the time and they were down the bottom if I remember rightly so I went there with great expectations only to see us fall to a dismal 2-1 defeat. He was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch that day and just a few months later I was chuffed to hear we’d signed him.

Overtook him on motorway? As others said, not as quick as he used to be but I am sure he will have a huge impact on hull.

....difficult to separate club legends...so many to pick over the years IMO..

Ted MacDougall...iconic striker who we will never see the like of again...

Harry Redknapp...player and who as a manager ave us our first taste of glory.

Sean O'Driscoll...dedicated club servant and did so much for AFCB over his time here.

Steve Fletcher...overcame a tough start to win the hearts of the fans,really important cog in the wheel of AFCB..

Eddie Howe...what more can be said about this fella?

Marc Pugh..true professional and played his heart and soul out for us,back from an horrendous freak knee injury, that goal v Bolton will be in my memory eternal..

worthy mentions to Harry Arter...James Hayter...Phil Boyer...Luther Blissett...Neil Young...Bret Pitman...Willo...Franno...Chaz..

Last edited:
Pugh is is the last of the squad that took us to where we are now. It was the sum of the parts that made the team so special. So it feels like the end of an extraordinary era.

Pugh is is the last of the squad that took us to where we are now. It was the sum of the parts that made the team so special. So it feels like the end of an extraordinary era.

Not really, he might have signed 18 months or so before the likes of Francis, Cook, Daniels etc but they all achieved the same promotions.

Harry Arter also joined at the same time as Pugh and technically he’s still with us.

Marc travels slowly on the motorway because he comes off at every junction, goes back on himself, loops around and stops before starting again.
Good to have a good chuckle each morning. Well done!

I also remember his display for Hereford. When I heard we were signing him it seemed an ambitious move for the club. Looking back it was the beginning of the upward movement and thinking at the club that has got us where we are today.

Good to have a good chuckle each morning. Well done!

I also remember his display for Hereford. When I heard we were signing him it seemed an ambitious move for the club. Looking back it was the beginning of the upward movement and thinking at the club that has got us where we are today.

One of the outstanding performances against us, on a cold Tuesday night in Hereford. Standing on the crumbling terrace visiting the worst toilets at a ground or indeed anywhere!

One of the outstanding performances against us, on a cold Tuesday night in Hereford. Standing on the crumbling terrace visiting the worst toilets at a ground or indeed anywhere!

He got one at DC later that season too didn't he? No wonder we wanted him.

I don’t think we need to try - all made key contributions including likes of unsung heroes like Ryan Garry

;