Mark Travers

Actually you post ruthlessly about people who aren't going to hit back on here, like Tindall or Blake. Waz can reply any time he likes.
But they are not on here, that’s the point. They are public figures making decisions that effect our team and this is a forum that discusses that. You used to do it about Pulis. You post about Boris Johnson. There’s a world of difference between that and piling on an ordinary fan.

I’m amazed defending teams play it back across goal but it seems the game’s moved on…

I know what you mean. So many do it, can only imagine the stat crunchers at the clubs work out the 'risk' involved v increased odds of retaining possession is worth it.

Not sure what %'s actually are, but I imagine each time they go long, it gets closer to 50/50 chance of turning over posession to the opposition, hence why teams are so reluctant to do it these days.

May be frustrating to the 'get it forwards' fans, but over course of games/season, imagine it works out the best way overall.

But they are not on here, that’s the point. They are public figures making decisions that effect our team and this is a forum that discusses that. You used to do it about Pulis. You post about Boris Johnson. There’s a world of difference between that and piling on an ordinary fan.
I do, but I’m not the one saying it shouldn’t be done about some poster on here. And I’m talking about you making personal attacks not debating their decisions.

I don't think it is a deliberate "pile on" Waz movement. It's just that a lot of posters on here think he went over the top in his doom and gloom posts, and his certainty of Forest, Sheff, Blackburn, WBA etc finishing above us. Saying stuff like anyone who thinks we will get anywhere near 89 points is insane is just asking for a bit of stick when they get it wrong. If I had said that I would be expecting to be reminded of it. I have no problem with him/her saying what they like but sometimes being so definite of outcomes and dismissive of other views is just asking for comeback.
Anyway I hope he comes back on here and doesn't feel driven away, but as a return post please don't say we will 100% get relegated with a record low number of points - it might happen but right now I am savouring 2nd place with very nearly 89 points !!!

I’m not ignoring it. I’m not particularly just referring to Waz, more all types of on line pile ons. I’m probably particularly sensitive to mental health issues having them in my wider family.

It’s not as easy as saying don’t put yourself in the position. Some people can’t help it. If mental health was that simple then we could ask bulimics to not put themselves in the position of loads of cakes or alcoholics to not put themselves in the position of buying booze.

As you know I’m happy to post as ruthlessly as anyone on here but in an individual debate. Once people start playing the poster en masse, not the post individually it becomes playground bullying in my eyes.

So, I’m not saying Waz is one thing or another, never met him, I just read some of the gang ups and feel uncomfortable. Just my personal opinion.
Fair enough, Neil.

As others have said, I really don’t believe anyone is ganging up per se or even doing so deliberately, it’s more a case of people responding in they way they feel they need or want, just as they do with anyone else.

Usually this forum is very tolerant and good natured but occasionally a poster comes along and disrupts the equilibrium. Nothing wrong with that but Waz appears far more devisive than most in terms of attitude and behaviour and so more people tend to respond.

I do, but I’m not the one saying it shouldn’t be done about some poster on here. And I’m talking about you making personal attacks not debating their decisions.
For someone who does such brilliant work helping a minority group I’d have thought you would be more sympathetic to minorities on here who clearly process things differently.

I don't think it is a deliberate "pile on" Waz movement. It's just that a lot of posters on here think he went over the top in his doom and gloom posts, and his certainty of Forest, Sheff, Blackburn, WBA etc finishing above us. Saying stuff like anyone who thinks we will get anywhere near 89 points is insane is just asking for a bit of stick when they get it wrong. If I had said that I would be expecting to be reminded of it. I have no problem with him/her saying what they like but sometimes being so definite of outcomes and dismissive of other views is just asking for comeback.
Anyway I hope he comes back on here and doesn't feel driven away, but as a return post please don't say we will 100% get relegated with a record low number of points - it might happen but right now I am savouring 2nd place with very nearly 89 points !!!
Yeah and he should be challenged for all that he says in the moment and is by the post that he says. That wasn’t what I was referring to. Researching and digging up stuff he said a year ago though? Seriously? Without the fairness of ever digging up anything he gets right or… mentionning the stuff the people posting themselves gets wrong is OTT for me.

Yeah and he should be challenged for all that he says in the moment and is by the post that he says. That wasn’t what I was referring to. Researching and digging up stuff he said a year ago though? Seriously? Without the fairness of ever digging up anything he gets right or… mentionning the stuff the people posting themselves gets wrong is OTT for me.
For me its not alway what is said but the way it is said. Btw, what did he say a year ago? I missed that one !!!!!!

For someone who does such brilliant work helping a minority group I’d have thought you would be more sympathetic to minorities on here who clearly process things differently.
Bragging about placing substantial sums on bets (against the club he purports to support); bragging that he will make a lot of money; stating he knows more than anyone, has absolutely no correlation whatsoever with processing. It’s pure unadulterated arrogance.

You make it sound like a one off. He was persistent in his negativity towards afcb on an afcb forum and was unwaveringly convinced he was in the right, sprinkled with a generous dose of condescension. No one gets it right all the time, but come on, there's different ways/levels of doing something. Not surprised some are quick to 'dig it up'. It's been ramped down a throats every week for a year or so...

;