Mark Travers

For someone who does such brilliant work helping a minority group I’d have thought you would be more sympathetic to minorities on here who clearly process things differently.
Is he in a minority then? How are you defining the term minority in this case?

And I think thats a bit disingenuous to suggest I can't disagree with someone who MIGHT be in a minority. Thats like me saying because you're male, pale and stale ;-) that you should take the opposite view.

From a betting oint of view WaZ could have laid the bet off for a nice profit before the forest game and shouted us on.also could have backed us on the night win/draw or no bet.

Last edited:
Is he in a minority then? How are you defining the term minority in this case?

And I think thats a bit disingenuous to suggest I can't disagree with someone who MIGHT be in a minority. Thats like me saying because you're male, pale and stale ;-) that you should take the opposite view.
That wasn’t what I meant. Anyone can disagree with anyone. I’m talking about when a pack of people go gunning for someone who is clearly different to the rest of us when you read what and how he writes. Anyway I’ve probably done this point to death so leaving it now! Just don’t like things that feel like bullying.

That wasn’t what I meant. Anyone can disagree with anyone. I’m talking about when a pack of people go gunning for someone who is clearly different to the rest of us when you read what and how he writes. Anyway I’ve probably done this point to death so leaving it now! Just don’t like things that feel like bullying.
Fair enough. Just to conclude I was originally suggesting sharing the posts, not piling on was. I can see how that might happen though which I wouldn’t want at all.

Also there are ways of disagreeing. Polite disagreement and abusive disagreement. One person's impolite disagreement does not justify a retaliatory abusive response in my opinion, especially not group bashing. If a football player hits or fouls another player, is it okay for other players to rush in and beat up the initial player? No. Especially not a group of them. We should all check out the forum guidelines because it's pretty clear that a lot of the comments go against what is stated. Why not just politely disagree and then if you've had enough, hide peogle who annoy you? I actually think the responses this Waz guy receives are much worse than his comments.

Oh, and on the subject of Waz I thought it was ironic that one of the few actual female posters on here, Gloria Hunter, felt compelled to leave given that so many posters seem to be either bitchy little schoolgirls (Gosh isn't Scotty dreamy - I hate Waz) or gossipy old women (They seem like such nice boys and always so nicely turned out).
Waz might be a bit of a tosser but to his credit he has tried to discuss football on a football forum, which is more than can be said for many of those who accuse him of hijacking threads when in fact it's them that's turned virtually every thread into a personal discussion about him.

Jeez he isn’t even here and we are hijacking the thread for him

Agree Travers had an excellent season and will be delighted for him if he gets to continue. Personally I voted Dom for POTS but it was a close thing for me and I could easily have gone for Travers after everything he has accomplished this season.

Oh, and on the subject of Waz I thought it was ironic that one of the few actual female posters on here, Gloria Hunter, felt compelled to leave given that so many posters seem to be either bitchy little schoolgirls (Gosh isn't Scotty dreamy - I hate Waz) or gossipy old women (They seem like such nice boys and always so nicely turned out).
Waz might be a bit of a tosser but to his credit he has tried to discuss football on a football forum, which is more than can be said for many of those who accuse him of hijacking threads when in fact it's them that's turned virtually every thread into a personal discussion about him.
I think perhaps you need to re-read the situation concerning that particular poster who left.

I don’t understand the talk about ganging up on Waz.
I post how I feel about his posts.
It’s on obvious a lot of others feel the same.
There’s been posters like Waz before. Redtower was one.
Constantly banging on how the club will be going bankrupt and we should model ourselves on Blackpool’s owners. That worked out well.
Max comes along and ‘whosh’ redtower disappeared.
Looks like Waz has done the same.

There's no ganging up.

He posts consistent negative cr4p on an afcb forum... and yet some are surprised more than 1 or 2 people have an issue with it.

I'm going to sign up to an xbox forum later and consistently post how the ps5 is better. I'm going to be shocked when more than 1 or two people start having a go at my posts.

;