Match Report

Waz afcb

Fans' Favourite
Tonight I decided I can’t be bothered to put in the usual effort. Although I still put in a great deal more than the players.
-We are s**t. The formation was s**t. Woodgate is s**t.
-Lots of sideways passing
-Never looked like getting anywhere with it
-Cardiff are an actual football team
-Their players run around a lot and actually seem to care about the outcome of the game
-We decide not to mark a six foot five tall guy from a corner. Astonishingly this backfired on us
-We give Kiefer Moore acres of space on the edge of the six yard box. Begovic makes a great save with his feet, somehow keeps us in it
-Rico clearly felt bad for Kiefer, so gives away a stupid penalty. Look at the reaction of our players. Ive
-Moore scores penalty
-Surridge misses a sitter.
-half time
-switch to 442. Marginal improvement.
-Smith cut back to Stanislas. Headed for bottom corner but great save by Phillips
-Stanislas free kick 25 yards out, headed for top corner. Another great save by Phillips.
-break away, Stanislas plays in Danjuma. Deflected cross shot drops invitingly for Long. Free header into an empty net. Can we force an equaliser?
-no
-full time

Player ratings
Begovic- 6 made one great save
Smith- 3 anonymous
Cook- 5 couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery
CCV- 6 our most likeable player is on loan and has played about five games for us. Says it all.
Kelly- 3 meh
Rico- 0 please just leave
Lerma- 3 passing conference standard at best
L Cook- 1 looked back at the lineups and astounded to discover that he actually played. Gets 1 mark due to the fact that he isn’t Diego Rico.
Billing- 3 in a team of players that don’t care, watching this guy strut around makes the other 10 look like Roy Keane
Stanislas- 5 did okay I guess
Surridge- 2 I want to say anonymous but I feel like that doesn’t do it justice
Long- 5 shown he can score from one yard. This instantly makes him one of our better players.
Danjuma- 3 occasionally beats a man. Always poor end product

Woodgate and the board- -100 after watching that and seeing the line up there are only two possibilities:
-Woodgate has been asked to make sure he does everything in his power that we stay a championship club.
-Woodgate and the board are a bunch of absolutely clueless half wits.
the end

The worst performances of Lerma and Rico's Cherries careers. Lerma needs to be dropped for Pearson for the foreseeable.

As for LB, Kelly isn't a silver bullet and might be needed in the middle anyway. Zemura? Can he do any worse?

Lets face it, the Spanish speaking lads are fish out of water in this league.

Cardiff players put in real effort and closed down all over the pitch some were exhausted at the end whilst our lot of strutting wantabes coasted through most of the match.Oh for aTommy Elphick not the best CB but what an on field leader.Mid table mediocrity for us if we’re lucky.

The worst performances of Lerma and Rico's Cherries careers. Lerma needs to be dropped for Pearson for the foreseeable.

As for LB, Kelly isn't a silver bullet and might be needed in the middle anyway. Zemura? Can he do any worse?

Lets face it, the Spanish speaking lads are fish out of water in this league.
Rico has never been good for us

I share the same frustration as the OP and I suspect most others have also had a gutful of watching the same shite performance every week.
The players have been letting us and themselves down for most of this season, however I think JW let himself down tonight big time. He has come across quite well in his interviews but he was a coward with that team selection tonight. One up front and five defenders at a home game we desperately need to win is disgraceful. He needs to get the Middlesbrough mindset out of his head and understand it just won't cut it down here.
The first half was dire. The second half was a bit better but the damage was already done. We (supposedly) have a strong squad so why not make better use of the subs available? Why did we sign Pearson from Preston? Wilshire on for Billing to try and make something happen?
The rate we are tumbling down the league table is alarming and shows no sign of stopping. Its hard to be an AFCB supported tonight, we are clueless on the pitch and an utter shambles off the pitch.

Cardiff players put in real effort and closed down all over the pitch some were exhausted at the end whilst our lot of strutting wantabes coasted through most of the match.Oh for aTommy Elphick not the best CB but what an on field leader.Mid table mediocrity for us if we’re lucky.
I
I agree let's get our old guard back.They sure as hell couldn't do any worse than this lot of no-hopers.
What they lack in skill and age is FAR outweighed by their work ethic ,togerthness,heart, and partnerships that saw our 14/15 season through to the Title

Oh !the football was so much more entertaining than the dross we now have to endure

Need Solanke back ASAP.

Really disappointed with Surridge. For a 6 2” bloke, he wins absolutely nothing in the air, barely holds it up, and constantly whinges when he doesn’t get a decision for him.

I know he’s “one of our own” but let’s remember how much stick Solanke gets, and still does get, and he’s only 9 months older than Surridge

Last edited:
Tonight I decided I can’t be bothered to put in the usual effort. Although I still put in a great deal more than the players.
-Their players run around a lot and actually seem to care about the outcome of the game
-We decide not to mark a six foot five tall guy from a corner. Astonishingly this backfired on us
-We give Kiefer Moore acres of space on the edge of the six yard box. Begovic makes a great save with his feet, somehow keeps us in it
-Rico clearly felt bad for Kiefer, so gives away a stupid penalty. Look at the reaction of our players. Ive
-Moore scores penalty
-half time
-Smith cut back to Stanislas. Headed for bottom corner but great save by Phillips
-Stanislas free kick 25 yards out, headed for top corner. Another great save by Phillips.
-break away, Stanislas plays in Danjuma. Deflected cross shot drops invitingly for Long. Free header into an empty net. Can we force an equaliser?
-no
-full time

Player ratings
Smith- 3 anonymous
CCV- 6 our most likeable player is on loan and has played about five games for us. Says it all.
Kelly- 3 meh
L Cook- 1 looked back at the lineups and astounded to discover that he actually played. Gets 1 mark due to the fact that he isn’t Diego Rico.
Billing- 3 in a team of players that don’t care, watching this guy strut around makes the other 10 look like Roy Keane
Long- 5 shown he can score from one yard. This instantly makes him one of our better players.

Woodgate and the board- -100 after watching that and seeing the line up there are only two possibilities:
-Woodgate has been asked to make sure he does everything in his power that we stay a championship club.
the end
I thank you for you report a dam site better than the performance of our team. They don't play as a team no pace no heart. Get rid of all the want to be's, play some of the kids at least they will try. The Billings L cooke Rico Smith need to take a long hard look at themselves you would think they are on a training pitch where it doesn't matter. I am finding it harder to watch the games, square balls & back passes. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

When you set your formation out to be more worried about the opposition than what you will be doing to them you have lost before you've kicked a ball.

I first watched the Cherries in 1959. This year I have cancelled my Sky subscription, refuse to buy the AFCB live match TV and stopped listening to Solent.

I just watch the extended AFCB highlights (should they be called lowlights) to see how bad we really were.

I hope Joe Jordan can kick some arses. Nobody else seems capable of doing that.

Last edited:
-Moore scores penalty
-half time
-no
-full time

Player ratings
Smith- 3 anonymous
Kelly- 3 meh

the end

Your usual effort is evident when kicking the team when it's down. Tonight is no different. So come on, you were confident Tindall wasn't good enough, now you've decided Woodgate is useless after a single game as actual manager. Are you willing to give him any time at all to learn? Or are we going to get the same shite analysis whether we win or lose?

Rico 0? Get a f***ing grip of your life, take your own advice and "please just leave"

Your usual effort is evident when kicking the team when it's down. Tonight is no different. So come on, you were confident Tindall wasn't good enough, now you've decided Woodgate is useless after a single game as actual manager. Are you willing to give him any time at all to learn? Or are we going to get the same shite analysis whether we win or lose?

Rico 0? Get a f***ing grip of your life, take your own advice and "please just leave"
Have you read my last few match reports? They’ve been very fair and balanced. Don’t talk nonsense please.

;