New Kings Park Stadium

I'm not part of that group but they are entitled to their opinion. Personally I don't think the music is too loud and the trumpet thing makes me laugh every time. It's not really aimed at me but it's ok. I think people are misremembering if they think we somehow had wonderful pre-match atmospheres before all this stuff came along, far from it.
I'm not sure it is about fans misremembering good times past etc. it's about giving the crowd the opportunity to do something themselves, instead of being drowned out...

There have been lots of suggestions on this very board of things that could help... I don't think folks are suggesting a blackout of everything that isn't crowd noise... more a case of less is maybe more... Simple... not bright, loud and sparkly...

... and of course everyone has their opinion and no one should be shut down for expressing it, but to ask several fans if they feel it's working and have everyone politely nod is not necessarily giving an accurate sample response... Are these fans chosen from differing ages, backgrounds, locations in the ground etc. etc.

If the club are serious about working with fans to enhance the 'matchday experience' then feedback should be sought actively, diversely and regularly...

Last edited:
I'm not part of that group but they are entitled to their opinion. Personally I don't think the music is too loud and the trumpet thing makes me laugh every time. It's not really aimed at me but it's ok. I think people are misremembering if they think we somehow had wonderful pre-match atmospheres before all this stuff came along, far from it.
the 1 thing I don't like this season but maybe I missed it but they don't seem to introduce the mascots anymore?? can anyone advise differently? my daughter due to be a mascot so for selfish reasons I would like them to do it again

the 1 thing I don't like this season but maybe I missed it but they don't seem to introduce the mascots anymore?? can anyone advise differently? my daughter due to be a mascot so for selfish reasons I would like them to do it again
The 1 thing I don't like since the end of last season ) is that they don't announce the away team. I HATE it when that happens to us at Man C, Arsenal etc

They do introduce the mascots. Maybe a little earlier than they used to, but definitely still done. I'd say 10 mins pre match or so.

Well done Mansfield. Only unbeaten team left out of the 92 and Bailly Cargill scored for the stags.
My late fathers team the Stags. Infact the first league game i saw was Boscombe v Mansfield, div. 3 south around 62/63 season with my dad. I was three years old going on four. From recollection the main stand had glass on each of its ends. I recall being bored and spent much of the game walking up and down the bench seating and looking out onto the car park.

Last edited:
I have been to Mansfields Field Mill ground many times. It reminded me a lot of the old Dean court. They had a stand behind one of the goals that looked our old South End. Along with a dis-used stand on one side that resembled our old East Stand. Their main stand, was a bigger version of the old Dean Court main stand.

The town itself was nothing to speak of. There is a Wetherspoons full knuckle dragging Neanderthals. However, the townsfolk were friendly enough.

My late fathers team the Stags. Infact the first league game i saw was Boscombe v Mansfield, div. 3 south around 62/63 season with my dad. I was three years old going on four. From recollection the main stand had glass on each of its ends. I recall being bored and spent much of the game walking up and down the bench seating and looking out onto the car park.

Friday the 29th October 1971

Maggie May was number one in the charts.

Mansfield Town 0 v 5 AFC Bournemouth,

guess who scored 4 goals that night

it peed down all night and some stupid guy climbed on the roof and stole their flag.

I have been to Mansfields Field Mill ground many times. It reminded me a lot of the old Dean court. They had a stand behind one of the goals that looked our old South End. Along with a dis-used stand on one side that resembled our old East Stand. Their main stand, was a bigger version of the old Dean Court main stand.

The town itself was nothing to speak of. There is a Wetherspoons full knuckle dragging Neanderthals. However, the townsfolk were friendly enough.
Field Mill looked nothing like the old Dean Court when I went early 90s.....also, which was our old East Stand? Assuming the South end, the east stand would have been the main stand (which was nothing like the main stand at Field Mill)
Were you thinking of Chesterfield?

Friday the 29th October 1971

Maggie May was number one in the charts.

Mansfield Town 0 v 5 AFC Bournemouth,

guess who scored 4 goals that night

it peed down all night and some stupid guy climbed on the roof and stole their flag.

Beg to differ ...Ted only got 3.....I ran on and hugged him when he scored the 3rd
don't remember the rain...but very foggy on the way home...I fell asleep in my mini and drove straight across a round about in Southampton !!

;