Non - Brexit

It is why, as just a small example, we cannot abolish VAT on women's sanitary products, which has cropped up semi-regularly as quite the feminist rights issue in UK media over recent years.
Wow. The EU promotes such forward looking policies, this one is very backwards. Strange how slow they are on this. Can it be changed? Not a loaded question just curious

What,do. you mean,there's a vacuum

tenor.gif

Sir James Dyson's decision to move to Singapore may have been greeted with scorn by some but there could be advantages for the UK if more companies followed his Asian growth strategy.

The better Dyson's business does in Asia - the more likely more tax will be paid in the UK by Sir James and his shareholders on the dividends they receive from the profits the company makes in this fast growing region.

Post-Brexit no matter what happens, focusing on a growing part of the world makes financial sense and should ultimately be a win for the UK.

Here are three reasons why:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46968726

Dyson is keeping the place in Wiltshire, so no job losses.

One of the main reasons to move is his electric car business he wants to build, which is very competitive.

Sir James Dyson's decision to move to Singapore may have been greeted with scorn by some but there could be advantages for the UK if more companies followed his Asian growth strategy.

The better Dyson's business does in Asia - the more likely more tax will be paid in the UK by Sir James and his shareholders on the dividends they receive from the profits the company makes in this fast growing region.

Post-Brexit no matter what happens, focusing on a growing part of the world makes financial sense and should ultimately be a win for the UK.

Well that article makes no bones about putting a positive slant on his side of the story. The guy is a tax dodger plain and simple.

So firms moving to the EU...bad but moving outside the EU, good?! Have I understood that correctly? We had a post early in this thread where people were bemoaning the movement of British companies to EU and that being a reason to leave. Strange old world.

No mention of the Singapore EU trade deal that means by moving his HO to there he will be able to trade freely. Something that we do not currently know in the UK.

All jokes aside, it does leave a rather nasty taste in the mouth that nearly all the public figures who backed brexit had ther exit plans in place so they didnt have to deal with the consequences.

If you were chasing pure growth, then there's a lot more growth to be had over there than there is in a stagnant Europe right now. Also the 1-2% difference in tax is probably worth a lot to a decent sized company. And few if any jobs will be lost here, with it being a mostly paperwork exercise for the company.

That said it is pretty disappointing and embarrassing as a advocate for Brexit myself, to see one of the loudest Brexit advocates from private industry, ceremoniously / metaphorically upping sticks, particularly at this fairly crucial juncture. It does leave a poor taste in the mouth, and I won't be buying Dyson next time I'm looking for such a product.

If you were chasing pure growth, then there's a lot more growth to be had over there than there is in a stagnant Europe right now. Also the 1-2% difference in tax is probably worth a lot to a decent sized company. And few if any jobs will be lost here, with it being a mostly paperwork exercise for the company.

That said it is pretty disappointing and embarrassing as a advocate for Brexit myself, to see one of the loudest Brexit advocates from private industry, ceremoniously / metaphorically upping sticks, particularly at this fairly crucial juncture. It does leave a poor taste in the mouth, and I won't be buying Dyson next time I'm looking for such a product.

Correct. The guy deserves all the grief he gets, which given the nature of the subject matter is likely to be considerable.

Its funny that a thread that is populated by 90% leavers has not one post about everyone's favourite Brexit campaigner, Dyson.

Weird that? :hmmm:[/QUOTE

First, why is it weird?
Second, "everyone's favourite Brexit campaigner," How did you come to that conclusion? Have you asked everyone?

Last edited:
Well its either him or that foreign guy who runs a pub. Which is yours?

You have not answered either question that I posed.

I have no idea who "that foreign guy who runs a pub" might be.

However, I will answer yours. I do not have a favourite Brexiteer. Not one of the prominent names on the leave side appeal to me.

Instead my favourite Brexit personality is a little old lady called 'democracy' who was denied a ticket when the EU gravy train left Paris in 1951.

;