Non - Brexit

Who should pay more to make up the shortfall ?

Tax evasion is breaking the spirit of the law and is not illegal, tax avoidance is illegal.

Who should pay more to make up the shortfall ?

Tax evasion is breaking the spirit of the law and is not illegal, tax avoidance is illegal.

Yeah that’s completely the wrong way around but hey ho .

You didn’t answer if you’ve ever volunteered to pay a little extra ?

The spirit of the law ? What on earth is that , it’s lawful or it’s not .

The spirit of the law is the basis of the legal profession, the legislation and tax rates are a constant dialogue between HMRC and the tax avoidance experts, for example the use of EBTs.

Who should pay more to make up the shortfall still left after voluntary donations ?

Tax Avoidance and Evasion are not the same thing ? .oh I think they probably are !!!! ....Loads of Avoidance and Evasion of Dictionaries going down! Synonyms! and Oh yeah....a Thesaurus is a Good Dip!

Tax Avoidance and Evasion are not the same thing ? .oh I think they probably are !!!! ....Loads of Avoidance and Evasion of Dictionaries going down! Synonyms! and Oh yeah....a Thesaurus is a Good Dip!

You can take your dictionary with you to court Bill and see if the judge thinks they are the same thing.

Tax avoidance is legal right the way up to the grey area of “aggressive tax avoidance”.

At its most basic form, a lot of people may engage in tax avoidance. Having an Individual Savings Account (ISA) is a legal way to avoid paying income tax because all savings in an ISA are tax-free. Businesses and sole traders can avoid tax by claiming expenses to reduce their tax bill.

If you’ve gone a step further and are deemed to be engaging in “aggressive tax avoidance” that HMRC doesn’t agree with, you could be investigated and potentially pay the tax back but it is a tricky grey area at times.

Tax evasion is when you use illegal practices to avoid paying tax. This could include not reporting all of your income, not filing a tax return, hiding taxable assets from HMRC or using fake offshore accounts.

This is a criminal offence and not only can you end up in prison, you could also be “named and shamed“ by HMRC if you’ve avoided over £25,000 in tax. This will then impact the reputation of you and your business which can then affect sales.

https://www.theaccountancy.co.uk/news/tax/tax-avoidance-vs-tax-evasion-7612.html

The spirit of the law is the basis of the legal profession, the legislation and tax rates are a constant dialogue between HMRC and the tax avoidance experts, for example the use of EBTs.

Who should pay more to make up the shortfall still left after voluntary donations ?

You still haven’t answered weather or not you have ever paid more than the bare minimum you are legally required to pay .

Waiting to respond to the answer to
who pays for the shortfall in revenue if those who can choose how little tax they pay don't pay their way

Better we pay all more together to help make the country a better place to live in for its residents. Sending a brown envelope to the HMRC isn't going to help

Obviously at the moment, not everyone in the country feels like that. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

who pays for the shortfall in revenue if those who can choose how little tax they pay don't pay their way

If there is a shortage of revenue then I would propose one of two solutions: 1) make cuts on non-essential services, 2) raise taxes across the board.

Expecting the wealthy to finance everything for everyone is not only incredibly unfair, it's stupid.

I’ll take that as a no then .You have never voluntarily paid more than you were legally expected to .Your a hypocrite to expecting others “the wealthy” to do exactly what you’ve never been willing to do yourself .

If there is a shortage of revenue then I would propose one of two solutions: 1) make cuts on non-essential services, 2) raise taxes across the board.

Expecting the wealthy to finance everything for everyone is not only incredibly unfair, it's stupid.

I would suggest it is stupid to think that the wealthy can keep getting richer whilst the majority struggle without leading to big trouble down the line. It's actually inequality that is incredibly unfair and it is also unsustainable given that the poor can either outvote or outgun the rich if things get too inequitable.

I’ll take that as a no then .You have never voluntarily paid more than you were legally expected to .Your a hypocrite to expecting others “the wealthy” to do exactly what you’ve never been willing to do yourself .

That's just half the story though. Funnily enough I was in a conference about property tax avoidance this week and despite the rules being exactly the same for everyone it is amazing how the bigger businesses manage to avoid tax that the rest of us plebs have to pay. I'm sure loads of people would avoid tax if they could but it's telling that our current tax rules seem to only apply to the little man.

That's just half the story though. Funnily enough I was in a conference about property tax avoidance this week and despite the rules being exactly the same for everyone it is amazing how the bigger businesses manage to avoid tax that the rest of us plebs have to pay. I'm sure loads of people would avoid tax if they could but it's telling that our current tax rules seem to only apply to the little man.

That’s just the way of the world thought isn’t it . It’s niave to just give it the old well its the Tories or whatever ....happens the world over the more money or power you have the more you get away with .

I would suggest it is stupid to think that the wealthy can keep getting richer whilst the majority struggle without leading to big trouble down the line. It's actually inequality that is incredibly unfair and it is also unsustainable given that the poor can either outvote or outgun the rich if things get too inequitable.

Problem is soaking the rich has proven to be unsustainable time and time again also .

That’s just the way of the world thought isn’t it . It’s niave to just give it the old well its the Tories or whatever ....happens the world over the more money or power you have the more you get away with .

Sure but some of us would rather they go after the tax avoiders rather than have the tax authorities shrug their shoulders about big business avoiding billions whilst throwing huge resources going after a few grand off white van man.

The possibilities are there for all. The wealthy continue to use their money in ways that generate more money, the rest continue to throw away all their spare cash keeping up with the Joneses.

;