Non - Brexit

No, if all the MP's that WANTED to leave voted for the deal we would never leave.
A massive part of the problem is the majority of MP's are remainers inc the PM. However if all the MP's that supposedly REPRESENT leave voting constituencies had voted for the deal we would be over the line and out on 29 march.

Think when there is another election those that didn’t respect the wishes of their voters could be on a sticky wicket.

Think when there is another election those that didn’t respect the wishes of their voters could be on a sticky wicket.

I very much doubt it under the UK electoral system. Oh sure, there might be a few here and there but plenty will have done what they wanted in either direction with no danger of losing come the election.

Unless it's called next week. Then things might get interesting.

Although that's probably closer to the apocryphal Chinese version of interesting times.

Out of interest, was there ever a breakdown by constituency what the referendum result would have been if conducted under FPTP rules?

I very much doubt it under the UK electoral system. Oh sure, there might be a few here and there but plenty will have done what they wanted in either direction with no danger of losing come the election.

Although that's probably closer to the apocryphal Chinese version of interesting times.

Out of interest, was there ever a breakdown by constituency what the referendum result would have been if conducted under FPTP rules?
This is the nearest you will get to a "by constituency" result - simply because the result was not declared or split into existing constituency boundaries.
His updated results are widely accepted as being as accurate as can be expected and show 401 would have voted Leave and 231 to Remain.
https://medium.com/@chrishanretty/r...re-in-westminster-constituencies-c4612f06319d

Think Christchurch will be interesting to see who will stand for the Conservatives. The present MP voted the way of his constituents, but will there be a change?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...-conservative-tory-mp-elections-a8773566.html

My constituency voted to remain. Our MP has slavishly followed the party line to push through Brexit against our wishes. She is in one of the safest Tory seats in the country. She will get back in again.

I think the remain vote was substantially inflated by huge numbers in London and a few other metropolitan areas.

Hugely inflated by people who wanted to remain? The one good thing about the vote was that it was a national vote where location was not important, other than for analysis purposes (which was probably your point tbf).

Just don’t forget the wishes of the voters at the Referendum back in 2016 which was to Leave.

Some of those that didn’t like the result have either tried to stop it, slow it up or want another vote and held marches.

They have been the ones stamping their feet, throwing toys out the pram, while those who were on the Leave side watched on and just want the democratic vote and result carried out.

Complete reverse of the reality, Leave has been leaderless since the result, Leave are still incapable of agreeing what carrying out the result means to the country now and going forward.

Leave voters have been complacent in not holding anyone to account and struggle without the scapegoat of the EU to blame for everything.
Leave has failed the country and failed those who expected a decision to be made by 29 March. Who will come out of hiding behind the sofa and take charge of sorting out the omnishambles.

Hugely inflated by people who wanted to remain? The one good thing about the vote was that it was a national vote where location was not important, other than for analysis purposes (which was probably your point tbf).
Not really making any kind of political point just saying that the report did a breakdown of how the constituencies would have looked if the vote had been tallied that way. The London case was widely accepted as being very high in favour of remain, the BBC reported it as 59.9% remain. As you say it was a national result so its fairly irrelevant apart from questioning the voting patterns of the MPs in the Brexit farce as it is now.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36612916

Complete reverse of the reality, Leave has been leaderless since the result, Leave are still incapable of agreeing what carrying out the result means to the country now and going forward.

Leave voters have been complacent in not holding anyone to account and struggle without the scapegoat of the EU to blame for everything.
Leave has failed the country and failed those who expected a decision to be made by 29 March. Who will come out of hiding behind the sofa and take charge of sorting out the omnishambles.
I think you may find Leave voters holding a few constituency MP's to account. There are plenty of votes of no confidence being tabled by local Tory party activists, just as there are with the few Labour MP's that have the temerity to follow the wishes of their leave voting constituents and vote to leave in parliament

Seems like too little too late, local party activists are not the same as the disinterested voters who are now throwing their toys out the pram.

Whats going to change before the next meaningful date ?

Of all the vocal pro leave MP's/politicians, not one of them has ever written down a plan as it would be picked apart easily. Instead they resigned feigning betrayal (Johnson, Raab, Davis) or were never in positions of power having to deal with the issues created (Mogg, Farage Hoey etc). Quickly they all hid behind WTO and No Deal as it could fit the narrative of the 'literal' interpretation of the referendum question, forgetting that they campaigned on various promises such as Norway/Canada+/CU and SM/SM no CU/CU no SM/Brand new UK special deal.

The amazing thing is in this 24hr news cycle, with quotes accessible in seconds, these people are not being laughed at. They lie and lie and get away with it. In fact, they get prime spots on national channels all in the name of 'balance'.

The like of Mogg, Johnson, Farage et al couldn’t give a monkeys if we plunge into recession and jobs are lost. They are wealthy people who won’t feel the effects. How anybody could seriously believe that they are acting in the interests of the country baffles me.

Remain appear to have ' won'. Putting London aside...as they will be more than happy....the rest of the country awaits what is their Lot from a continuing EU regime that will NOW have far more Focus upon it....expect some backlash in both Voting trends and who knows what upheavals. Politicians will not get an easy ride having shown how Not , as a Parlaiment, to deliver Democratic Process!
Of course its not Confirmed Cut and Dried yet and we could be buggering about with this for years.
Remainers and Leavers alike plus ordinary Citizens in Germany, Italy, Hungary, ROI et al will still wake up in the morning to face the same societal problems.....drug abuse, terrorism( guns), teenage terrorism( knives), paedophiles, cybercrime, floods, fires and so on!
Brexit....A Word still!

The like of Mogg, Johnson, Farage et al couldn’t give a monkeys if we plunge into recession and jobs are lost. They are wealthy people who won’t feel the effects. How anybody could seriously believe that they are acting in the interests of the country baffles me.
But then are there any politicians that really do care that much Stan? I used to think so but I don’t anymore. They’re in the same category as double glazing salespeople and estate agents as far as I’m concerned.

Bercow...displaying a nice line in Aloofness and Condescension on the 6 o'clock news ..towards relatively polite questions by reporters as he trundled along ....making glib and deflecting remarks about the reporters bobble- hat....not with the dignity you would expect from a Parlaiment Mr Speaker....but oh so very Tory, just like Johnson.....only answer questions when you have a prepared script otherwise try to be funny about a serious subject and make someone else look daft instead!

But then are there any politicians that really do care that much Stan? I used to think so but I don’t anymore. They’re in the same category as double glazing salespeople and estate agents as far as I’m concerned.
There are but caring does not get you in the cabinet or shadow cabinet. Plenty in the back benches who do fantastic work and treat the job as a service, not a ladder to climb.

Oops. Sorry to step in on a question to Stan.

;