Non - Brexit

It was expected to lose, but that's perhaps a larger defeat for the deal than was expected? Which makes turning the numbers around for any alterations to the deal, that bit tougher.

3 days for May to figure out and set out what happens next (or what she proposes happens next at least). Assuming she doesn't decide to jack it in, which is possible but I can't see happening just yet.

The EU says:
“We regret the outcome of the vote, and urge the UK Government to clarify its intentions with respect to its next steps as soon as possible"

Tomorrow will be very interesting. May will be untenable if Corbyn's vote wins (what then for Tories?) but he will be under a lot of pressure if he loses (what then for Labour?)

That's most of the variables thrown up in the air now.

118 Tory MPs voted against May's deal, 118!! A staggering number.

This being the party that only recently voted to keep her in place in their own vote of confidence. I wonder if they'll all vote to keep her in place again tomorrow?

It won’t succeed but if it did, she would have to tender her resignation, triggering an election.
I don’t think that’s constitutionally correct. She can resign for a new leader/ PM but I think she/he gets another chance to win a no confidence vote.
The numbers don’t add up for Labour so it’s an unlikely scenario. I’m not quite sure why he (Corbyn) decided to go this soon.

If the government wins the no confidence vote when can they table another one (when May won the conservative no confidence vote she was safe for another year).

I have a lot of respect for the 3 Labour MPs who voted for the deal. I wish more politicians would vote based on their own opinions and not based on how their party tells them to.

Well, one person won tonight. Arguably he won back in June 2016. Bravo Mr Putin. So much division across a whole country for a mere 8-10 mill. Doff cap, tug forlock

;