Non - Roman Abramovich

Exactly it’s a question and not a ridiculous assertion then!

Max hasn’t been mentioned yet, Abramovich has been in the news for weeks, I don’t think it was ‘ridiculous’ to ask. My knowledge of who has what citizenships or what that means with regards to the current situation doesn’t stretch as far as yours.

Not sure why he's gone in with two feet on you for your question but I don't think his point about retaining other citizenships are relevant anyway. They can sanction UK citizens if they want.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-sanc...ons Act provides the,to conduct by UK persons.

How do you think Abramovich got to be so rich? And by the way Putin’s power doesn’t depend on the wealth of oligarchs like Abramovich. Rather, their wealth depends on Putin’s patronage.

View attachment 7340
Abramovich first started to accumulate real money way before Putin was on the scene, after being introduced to Yeltsin and buying up state owned assets on the cheap.

Whilst I'm no great lover of Chelsea or their supporters, I think it is unfair to punish the club, players and their fans.

Hopefully the restrictions on ticket sales and such like are lifted and that the British Government can just sanction RA himself. Is he deserving of the sanctions, I have no idea.

We wouldn't like it if AFCB were sanctioned.

I realise that this is all small fry in the grand scheme of things of the war in Ukraine, my heart goes out to the people caught up in the violence.

I just hope that everyone can step back and that we, Europe, Russia, Ukraine, The World can be at peace again. The more this war goes on the more innocent people will die and more bitterness will ensue.

As Churchill once said, 'Meeting jaw to jaw is better than war'.

Sky

Why has Roman Abramovich been personally targeted?

The UK government had deemed that Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich has obtained "a financial benefit or other material benefits from Putin and the government of Russia".

Those benefits include "tax breaks received by companies linked to him, buying and selling shares from and to the state at favourable rates, and the contracts received in the run-up to the Fifa 2018 World Cup".

He has also been targeted for his associations through "close business relationships and mutual assistance" with already sanctioned Igor Shuvalov, a former Russian deputy prime minister and general director of Russian gas giant Gazprom.

The Foreign Office also concluded that Mr Abramovich "is or has been involved in destabilising Ukraine" via Evraz plc, a steel manufacturing and mining company in which he has "a significant shareholding an... exercises effective control".

The department said the firm has been involved in "potentially supplying steel to the Russian military which may have been used in the production of tanks".

Mr Abramovich is known to have made his billions after selling a 73% stake in Russian oil firm Sibneft to state-owned gas titan Gazprom for £9.87bn in 2005.

I understand Max Demin is a U.K. citizen and is not a likely subject of any sanctions investigation

Can I correct one misunderstanding? Sanctions have been around for a long time and the list of individuals and entities that have been sanctioned by the UK government is published here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-uk-sanctions-list

If you search one of the various spreadsheets for “British” you’ll find lots of examples of individuals on the sanctions list with UK passports.

To be clear, I expect the second part of your post is right. No one knows much about him, but all Max seems to have been is a (successful) oil trader.

The outcome from the above is apart from the owner, the people who will be affected are the innocent fans who just support their club like you and I.
I duppose in business terms, no difference to people unanle to buy particular brand goods in Russia

Chelsea fans can always go and watch Fulham....

Alright then it was a nave question. Just because someone buys "a" British Citizenship it doesn't mean they relinquish their current one. You have heard of people having dual Citizenship I take it. It seems like you are straw clutching to say Max isn't Russian so we as a club won't be affected by any sanctions. We already have fans of other clubs slating us for being bank rolled by Russian blood money and as I and others, have said, a statement from Max would be helpful right now.

Its not naive as Max hasn’t been mentioned at all. Zero mentions. I’m not clutching at any straws I asked an innocent question, it seems you’ve taken issue with that question and I don’t really know why.

;