Non: The Hundred

What a game that was. Came back from a “2% chance” of winning on the predictor to winning it with 6 balls to spare.

I still clearly remember seeing Greenidge and Richards put on an opening partnership of 100 or so in double quick time at USG Pompey (from the college window opposite!) until they both got bored at how easy it was and were out for 50+ each. That must have been nearly 50 years ago but how it sticks in the memory - one hammering the ball to the boundary and the other just gliding it to the same place.
And what a privilege it was to be able to watch the incomparable Malcolm Marshall at Northlands Road. We were very lucky to have seen some of the all time great cricketers playing for Hampshire over the years.

There have been some moments of excitement. I was very pessimistic when it was first mentioned but am warming to it now. Making the women's team play using the men's boundaries spoiled the game the other night though, (commentator mentioned it) surely they could have brought the ropes in a bit. I hope that's not viewed as sexist.

We were very lucky to have seen some of the all time great cricketers playing for Hampshire over the years
I remember seeing Barry Richards playing a blinder at Dean Park until some idiot walked in front of the sight screen. BR stepped away to stop the bowler running in but it seemed to break his concentration and he was out next ball. The idiot got quite a bit of verbal abuse!

What a game that was. Came back from a “2% chance” of winning on the predictor to winning it with 6 balls to spare.
...follow the live bookies odds not that stoopid Winviz thingy...even at 2% to win Trent Rockets were 8/11 to win!

And what a privilege it was to be able to watch the incomparable Malcolm Marshall at Northlands Road. We were very lucky to have seen some of the all time great cricketers playing for Hampshire over the years.
We also had the imperious Sir Anderson Montgomery Everton Roberts.

;