Non: The Hundred

Great article.

"If you like chocolate and you like baths, it doesn't necessarily follow that you want a bath of chocolate". Wonderfully put.

I remember when people were talking about huge crowds for American Football at Wembley. In reality most of those were freebies.

T20 had all those gimmicks at the start.
Live concert from some "has been " band after games as well.

The razzamatazz died out and the format survived.
Not so sure that the 100 will be as strong once the free cornetto's are no longer given out.

Watched last night for the first time. It's alright, but I don't even really like 20/20. One day is my favourite, followed by test, but in fairness they tend to swap around depending on what's currently on.

Therein lies the conundrum for me. Who to support ? Go local as we’re South and have 2 players in the game ? The Spirit with Warnie and Mason Crane ?
At the moment people seem to be getting quite passionate for ‘their’ team even though there are county rivals playing for them and the games have been exciting and played on beautiful balmy evenings.

And here comes another team that won't put its trust in Mason Crane. So disappointed. Van der Merwe is everything that is wrong about English cricket.

But at least Woody had a great game - although the commentators weren't talking about it even though it was right in front of them. Something like 3 off his 1st 9 balls. They did hype up his catch, quire rightly.

I got very annoyed that the commentators weren't adding anything. Especially as there are a lot of new-ish players. Why can't they tell us which county or country someone comes from?

Tbh not really supporting any of them all a bit too gimmicky and false…but great to see families at the games

;