Players To Come In For Next Season?

He's still extremely wealthy as far as I'm aware. Plus pretty much top tier status after being president of US.

Depends if Blake can maintain the life style and find another well paid role if he left. Even then no guarantees with 50% divorce rate in the west...
The wealth appears to be on a knife edge and dependent upon a DB loan refinancing. DB not keen though, wonder why?

Defender Rob Holding, who we were on the verge of signing before Arsenal came in and blew us out the water in 2016, is reportedly surplus to requirements at Arsenal as and when they complete the 50m signing of White. He's never really quite broken through there.

Given how short we are in defence currently, we need to be on the phone and asking about either a loan or transfer if the fee is within our range. Howe and his staff had done all the leg work scouting and vetting Holding, so we'll already have data on what sort of player and character he is. Seems a no-brainer to ask.

Defender Rob Holding, who we were on the verge of signing before Arsenal came in and blew us out the water in 2016, is reportedly surplus to requirements at Arsenal as and when they complete the 50m signing of White. He's never really quite broken through there.

Given how short we are in defence currently, we need to be on the phone and asking about either a loan or transfer if the fee is within our range. Howe and his staff had done all the leg work scouting and vetting Holding, so we'll already have data on what sort of player and character he is. Seems a no-brainer to ask.
Would be a great signing but I think another Prem team would take him. Can’t see him dropping down to the Championship unfortunately.

I see Swansea City are looking for someone to replace Andre Ayew.

They have their eye on Thomas Henry a French striker who scored 21 goals in 31 games last season, would cost around £5 million.

Seems we have missed out on signing midfielder Sonny Carey from non league King’s Lynn Town.

He has joined newcomers to the Championship Blackpool.

A number of clubs were after him, besides AFCB another was Swansea City.

We already have ' the best squad ever' to have been assembled in the Championship...and none of the buggers have left yet !
My God what a strange carry on this is !

We already have ' the best squad ever' to have been assembled in the Championship...and none of the buggers have left yet !
My God what a strange carry on this is !
Wilshire, ccv and Roro left, junior and Adam Smith haven't signed new contracts. That's 5 for starters

I'm not one those saying our squad is ' the best ever'...I just make fun of that !
Nobody did. Once again, you’re making things up.

Some people had the opinion, backed up by stats like premier league and international appearances, that last season’s squad was the best in the Championship. I still naintain that, player for player, last season’s squad had all the elements to have won the league and they underperformed hugely.

Disagree with the proposition, sure, but don’t put words in people’s mouths

If he only put words in every one else’s mouths it would be better. It’s the words from his own mouth that bother me. Reminds me of a chemistry teacher we had at school (Mr J. K. Ward for the sake of accuracy) who said ‘every time I open my mouth some idiots starts talking’.

Nobody did. Once again, you’re making things up.

Some people had the opinion, backed up by stats like premier league and international appearances, that last season’s squad was the best in the Championship. I still naintain that, player for player, last season’s squad had all the that to have won the league and they underperformed hugely.

Disagree with the proposition, sure, but don’t put words in people’s mouths

You've virtually just admitted it..." Player for player " etc. " backed up by stats " etcetera.

The important 'stat' was that we Did Not Win the League....so ..the sooner people crawl back down from their rear ends...the better.

Results based game....if you are bothered about anything other than entertainment.

My words are from my own big gob and I don't care where they end up!

Last edited:
You've virtually just admitted it..." Player for player " etc. " backed up by stats " etcetera.

The important 'stat' was that we Did Not Win the League....so ..the sooner people crawl back down from their rear ends...the better.
Fuck me, you’re hard work

I’ve admitted to saying that in my view, PRIOR TO THE START OF LAST SEASON, we had the squad that should have won it, given the experience contained within it.

I have not, and nor has anyone else, said it was the best squad ever.

Got it now?

Fuck me, you’re hard work

I’ve admitted to saying that in my view, PRIOR TO THE START OF LAST SEASON, we had the squad that should have won it, given the experience contained within it.

I have not, and nor has anyone else, said it was the best squad ever.

Got it now?

Bollox...' the best squad' stuff was rife on this Forum!.. " the squad that should've Won It"...here we go again.... but we didn't f√cking Win It though did we...Poxy Norwich Did ! Let it Go!

Oh I've " got it" alright Popeye!..
Hard work ? Me ? .I call a spade a spade if that fits!
Hey look...I'm tireless as well as tiresome..so if you like I can do this all night... but we don't wanna do that do we...so let's just say that you are far more in control of what your on about..than I am ! :wack:

;