Positives and negatives v Palace

That was tongue in cheek. Seems the more time they spend being coached, the more disorganised we look.

I’m just going to put this out there, do the players have an idea which positions we are looking to upgrade and that has made them all lose interest as we all know how fickle they all are

For me we have no identity now.wirh eddie it was 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 sometimes.full backs and wingers linked up and 1 midfielder was the pivot.now we dont know what we are .on the corners issue surely we can eithier go zonal man to man or whatever.tell keeoer anything inside 6yds or whatever is yours (just have a bloody plan )for me we need to.have a go as o neill is to defensive minded.

I’m just going to put this out there, do the players have an idea which positions we are looking to upgrade and that has made them all lose interest as we all know how fickle they all are

Surely thats something every player at every club is always aware of. There is always someone waiting to replace you if you dont perform?

Who is to blame for this in your opinion Rob?
i think thats a childish response, but as I know who you blame every time we lose I don't think you can lay the blame at Blake & Hughes door, even though you're desperate to do so.

O'Neil made errors, the players made errors, but to link everything back to your broken record scapegoats smacks of desperation.

Happy New Year!

Surely thats something every player at every club is always aware of. There is always someone waiting to replace you if you dont perform?

what im getting at is That if you know your position is getting bolstered with better players years ago players would have upped there game, but now they just seem roll over

Dubai is worth around -12 points per season. Why do we ever bother? Dunstable would be better.
Take them somewhere cold, wet and miserable, just to remind them how they could end up if they don’t make the most of the marvellous opportunity they have been given. Their whole lives are cushy, it wouldn’t do any harm to remind them how fortunate they are, rather than pampering them even further !

Do you remember when EH took the team on a RM Commando style team bonding exercise, where they were left in the wilderness and had to work as a team to get back to the pickup point ?

It might sound daft but that team which got us to the promised land under EH had balls and a proper team spirit. Our lads could use a dose of that !

I’ll let Old Cherry take it from here ;)

Take them somewhere cold, wet and miserable, just to remind them how they could end up if they don’t make the most of the marvellous opportunity they have been given. Their whole lives are cushy, it wouldn’t do any harm to remind them how fortunate they are, rather than pampering them even further !

Do you remember when EH took the team on a RM Commando style team bonding exercise, where they were left in the wilderness and had to work as a team to get back to the pickup point ?

It might sound daft but that team which got us to the promised land under EH had balls and a proper team spirit. Our lads could use a dose of that !

I’ll let Old Cherry take it from here ;)
And then when we had money he took them to Dubai.

Always an interesting debate this, I mean that genuinely because I can go either way on it myself. Yes he knows more about football than us in general, doesn’t mean that justifies what he does or anything we say is wrong.

The extreme example of this was when Roy Hodgson had Harry Kane taking corners as England slumped out the Euros. Every ex pro pundit couldn’t believe it, every learned journalist the same, every white van man in a pub, my mum saying the same thing. Very few people have the knowledge of football Roy Hodgson has, especially my mum. But the man in the pub was right and the expert Roy was wrong.

Of course experienced managers will make mistakes but the opinions of fans aren't even based on full knowledge of the facts let alone a decent understanding of the game.

There's always an assumption that every managerial decision that doesn't work out is due to incompetence, plus of course the people who always know exactly what was required after the event.

Don't get me wrong I think O'Neil is up against it but if anyone seriously thinks that some fan could do better then I think they are deluded.

Of course experienced managers will make mistakes but the opinions of fans aren't even based on full knowledge of the facts let alone a decent understanding of the game.

There's always an assumption that every managerial decision that doesn't work out is due to incompetence, plus of course the people who always know exactly what was required after the event.

Don't get me wrong I think O'Neil is up against it but if anyone seriously thinks that some fan could do better then I think they are deluded.
Any plan you have won't work if the players involved can't pass a ball 5 yards to another player.
That's what happened today. just an awful standard of football where nothing comes off

Yes and things got worse !
The commando exercise was when we were still coming up and I would wager that it contributed way more to our success than any trip they ever took to poncy Dubai !
Other clubs go there and presumably don't all return looking poorer. I'm bemused if you really are saying Dubai has some mystical spell over afcb. Its a new twist on the Romany curse granted.

It was just like the long anticipated return after Covid. A total let down, can’t think of a single positive except I managed to keep dry and my pie was boiling hot for once.

Something went horribly wrong and it needs fixing, quick.
Nice work with the pie - the lid popped off my Bovril at the start of the second half and landed on the kid in front of me sat with his mum - luckily it did no harm and my lava- Bovril didn’t burn his back off …

For what it’s worth I’d say Kelly was by the end of the game putting in an almost avant garde performance of bad defending. One of the worst performances I’ve ever seen; you know it’s bad when you feel awkward for a player.

But will he be dropped? Not captain material. You can't say he's a leader on the pitch.

Other clubs go there and presumably don't all return looking poorer. I'm bemused if you really are saying Dubai has some mystical spell over afcb. Its a new twist on the Romany curse granted.
Who said that ?
Just agreeing with others that Dubai doesn’t work for us or our players, who are pampered enough and need to grow a pair !

;