Rational thinking

Surely we all saw this coming? Tough run of fixtures and everyone saying don’t panic.

Lose to Liverpool and Spurs….we all wet the bed. As fans we always over analyse each result, win next week and we’ll be on about Europe.

Hilarious isn't it. Sort of stuff you'd imagine from 12 year olds (no offense if there are any 12 year olds on here).

Seem totally out of touch with the reality of things.

Aren’t you just that boring tw@t schminto or whatever you were called, under a new name, and who just posted pathologically negative defeat predictions on here and the echo site for about 5 seasons straight when we were in the premier league? If you are, good to have one of the most spectacularly boring people in the world back here so we can all feel better about ourselves.
With the greatest of espect, you are confusing negativity with actual reality. I can only politely infer that you have the area directly North of your neck firmly inserted up into your digestive departure lounge. May I politely suggest that you purchase a single ticket to the planet Earth where a huge dose of realism and reality awaits you.

Think it was going to be a tough start regardless of manager. West Ham’s impressive display tonight shows that it was a good point on opening day. Add some injuries it becomes even more difficult.

Plenty of positives in passages of play but some serious work needed to better bed in what AI is trying to do.

Think Adams and Tav will transform this team

We could really do with a few goals midweek, to get some creative juices and positivity going.

That is my concern. Not that we've lost a couple of tough games, in which weve seen some bright flashes, that's OK. But I'm not sure where goals are coming from. Break the seal and it'll click, hopefully.

Good god there are some negative arses on here... WHU have hit the ground running, beaten Chelsea and just beaten a 'very' good BHA 3-1 away... Makes our point look very good...

Then we go to Liverpool, start brightly but get over run by a 'very' dodge pen and eventually a good Liverpool side... AT ANFIELD.. 3-1 is very respectable agains one of Europe's best sides...

Then we lose at home to Spurs who have beaten us every time at DC... They also look strong and under the new bod will prob have them pushing top 6 again...

We've officially got the 2nd hardest start to the PL season out of all 20 sides and we've new players and manager to bed in also...

As the OP said.. let's get real folks... Rome wasn't built in a day... Lets all just take a chill pill and see where we are when the window closes... Scott, Taylor, Tav and Dango are all back... That's four big players for us hopefully.... Iraola has seen what this squad is about and we actually start playing teams that will define our season...

Rant over... :)

Last edited:
Good god there are some negative arses on here... WHU have hit the ground running, beaten Chelsea and just beaten a 'very' good BHA 3-1 away... Makes our point look very good...

Then we go to Liverpool, start brightly but get over run by a 'very' dodge pen and eventually a good Liverpool side... AT ANFIELD.. 3-1 is very respectable agains one of Europe's best sides...

Then we lose at home to Spurs who have beaten us every time at DC... They also look strong and under the new bod will prob have them pushing top 6 again...

We've officially got the 2nd hardest start to the PL season out of all 20 sides and we've new players and manager to bed in also...

As the OP said.. let's get real folks... Rome wasn't built in a day... Lets all just take a chill pill and see where we are when the window closes... Scott, Taylor, Tav and Dango are all back... That's four big players for us hopefully.... Iraola has seen what this squad is about and we actually start playing teams that will define our season...

Rant over... :)
All very good points, but I thought we beat 9 man Spuds at DC. ;)

We could really do with a few goals midweek, to get some creative juices and positivity going.

That is my concern. Not that we've lost a couple of tough games, in which weve seen some bright flashes, that's OK. But I'm not sure where goals are coming from. Break the seal and it'll click, hopefully.
I agree that we continue to look pretty ineffective in the final third and we have done for a couple of seasons now.
Look at the movement for the Spurs goals !
Who in our team makes those kind of runs into the box ?

Once we get into the final third, the tendency for our players to just take up a position and stand around waiting for the ball to come to them still seems to be there. I'd like to see more movement in and around the opposition penalty area.
If players make little runs it can draw the defenders into trying to cover those runs, thereby creating space for others to run into.

I may not be doing a great job of describing what irks me, it just feels to me that once we reach the final third our play slows down terribly and it all seems so static and easy to defend against.

Faster, more dynamic play ( triangles ? ) in and around the opposition penalty area and making good use of corners are the two things I would really like to see us focusing on in training.

We were scared of Spurs ?

There's another one of my super- charged searing controversial, attention seeking, heat seeking missiles !

What's left of you after the Ignore Devastation can have that one free gratis wiv your Sunday lunch.

I agree that we continue to look pretty ineffective in the final third and we have done for a couple of seasons now.

Once we get into the final third, the tendency for our players to just take up a position and stand around waiting for the ball to come to them still seems to be there. I'd like to see more movement in and around the opposition penalty area.
If players make little runs it can draw the defenders into trying to cover those runs, thereby creating space for others to run into.

I may not be doing a great job of describing what irks me, it just feels to me that once we reach the final third our play slows down terribly and it all seems so static and easy to defend against.

Faster, more dynamic play ( triangles ? ) in and around the opposition penalty area and making good use of corners are the two things I would really like to see us focusing on in training.

I know what you mean. I think we need to give it time, for AI style to gel, become engrained.

As you've highlighted, the past 2 of so years, most of these players have been used to playing in almost the polar opposite way. Much more rigid, 'disciplined' styles... apparently the opposite to how AI likes to setup.

Perhaps we will need different resources in certain areas, but I think it's mainly due to familiarity and 'unlearning' old, engrained methods.

It's more about Boscombe Football as I see it.

If you interact with a Forum...it's maybe an idea to write something interesting yourself about what pans out at Dean Court.

There are several on here whose sole input/ output is dedicated to one line put-downs of a certain few posters who attempt to make sense of what goes on at the club and on the field.

Humourless and Acid..

Completely agree, have noticed this for as well, we have been like it for years and im Not sure where it stems from as if you watch some of the training videos they are working on triangle passing and moving but taking it into games the players look lost of ideas as teams defending sit will two banks of 4 plays mostly are we alway look short in the middle, hopefully with maybe an extra signing we can sort it out as we could end up like Everton not scoring any goals

;