Scott Parker

if they are glued to this message board

isn't it standard practice for managers to have a clause in their contracts meaning if they're sacked and re-employed elsewhere straightaway, they lose all or some of their payoff?

if we bulked at the compensation for Henry, surely we'd have soiled our underwear at the thought of having to meet Parker's payoff?

As I say I've no insider knowledge at all really but this Parker story has at least four sources that I'm aware of. It seems like Parker has been their preferred choice for ages and Henry just wasn't someone they wanted. I doubt money was really the reason we didn't get Henry.

This could be the new Demari Gray thread,he was the best player never to play for us,could Scott Parker be the best manager never to manage us?
Anyway I'm hoping Fulham go on a run and stay up,thus relegating Newcastle and the rat.

I always got excited by the inexplicable Owen Hargreaves rumours.

Not sure on that one!
Either way I think he'd have actually been a fantastic fit for us! One of my preferences if it could have came about!
Sam in your podcast with Mark McAdam he said that although Eddie Howe was clearly the best person to come in to manage AFCB again at this time, this definitely wasn't going to happen, but you didn't ask him what he knew to enable him to say that, at least during the session. Did you ask him to clarify this later, and if so, what did he reveal?

Sam in your podcast with Mark McAdam he said that although Eddie Howe was clearly the best person to come in to manage AFCB again at this time, this definitely wasn't going to happen, but you didn't ask him what he knew to enable him to say that, at least during the session. Did you ask him to clarify this later, and if so, what did he reveal?
What was in the video was what was asked, however he's on Twitter and does engage a lot with AFCB fans if you need to pose anything else to him directly.

Whether he'd provide an authentic answer and not a journalistic one? Not so sure.

So... Fulham are now relegated and we all know that we've been keen observers of him since Howe's departure... Given how Fulham have capitulated over the last 7/8 games, I'm wondering if he is still a realistic candidate to be pursued in a few week's time, regardless of our division...

I've just watched his post-match interview from last night's game and there seems to be some similarities between his and Eddie's situation after relegation, with maybe some lack of direction from the club, or different ambitions to what he and Eddie wants(wanted)...

https://www.skysports.com/football/...cond-premier-league-relegation-in-three-years

I've been a big Scott Parker fan since Eddie left and would have loved to have seen him at DC, however, his record in the PL has been pretty woeful. Seven loan players, lack of time to bring in his own permanent squad? Lack of spending available? I don't know... I do think our XI would have won more games in the PL than Fulham did... But despite this... I still think he would be a good name in the hat, again, regardless what division we're in... Gonna be an interesting month or so around here...

Disclaimer: Before folk jump on this and start saying "can we not just get behind Woodgate and see the season out first"... I am 100% behind Woodgate...For the next 3 games I want Woodgate to drag this mob to 3 straight wins and put himself in the best possible position come 3 week's time...

However, I think this is a valid debate and I hope the club are already considering the 'sliding doors moments' that could happen either next Monday, the following Saturday, or the weekend after that, where our fate could be sealed, and have 'options' that they can act upon (including Woodgate), as soon as we need to... Proactive not reactive...

Last edited:
It's a chicken and egg situation that we know of too well with Fulham. Massive stadium plans so players or infrastructure?

Apparently there are a fair few Fulham supporters that want him gone, it seems the consensus of opinion is "Nice bloke, but plays unadventurous football"

If our board are considering a possible change of manager after appointing JW on a temporary basis, they have had/have plenty of time to do research into who they may be able to bring in as a new manager.

Disclaimer: Before folk jump on this and start saying "can we not just get behind Woodgate and see the season out first"... I am 100% behind Woodgate...For the next 3 games I want Woodgate to drag this mob to 3 straight wins and put himself in the best possible position come 3 week's time...

However, I think this is a valid debate and I hope the club are already considering the 'sliding doors moments' that could happen either next Monday, the following Saturday, or the weekend after that, where our fate could be sealed, and have 'options' that they can act upon (including Woodgate), as soon as we need to... Proactive not reactive...
Yes, you would hope that we have already put our feelers out and have spoken to some potential candidates just in case we totally bomb in the playoffs and JW's time is suddenly up. Knowing our lot though, that sounds pretty much like hard work, so probably not going to get done. Most likely they'll take the easy option and do bugger all. JW can start next season in the Championship and when his time is finally up, they'll take the next easiest option as his replacement ( obviously after another exhaustive and diligent recruitment process ;) ).

Ho hum.

Parker absolutely NO ! You would always expect Fulham, a fairly large London club, to challenge in the Championship..so that was no big deal.. and he didn't keep em up..
How is the Hype justified?
Our management, made up from lower league players kept us in the PL for 4 seasons ! Sing that !
I just hope that IF the Forum gets its Darling..then the first thing he does is sign The Demarai of Gray...and wrap that one up...Jeez !

..as they have 'invested' the likes of Joe Jordan I would think that JW may be here next season at least whatever league we are in?
I tend to agree... I struggle with Gary O'Neil leaving a decent job with the Under 23's at Liverpool, which let's face it would be a very good foundation for progressing his career, to come to a 3 month gig at DC...

No guarantees yes, but I reckon there have been some pretty clear assurances given, dependant on league position...

;