Scott Parker

With all the departures from Fulham and some, if not all, must be on their way here, I wonder if Max has said “Enough, time for a big change, time to move to pastures new”. He has no emotional tie over many years, it’s a business, he is a business man. He wants a new beginning, new blood to drive the club forward, with no emotional hang ups, mates, former players etc. Good luck Scotty. :grinning:

Sounds like Fletch is being kept on? The wardrobe is part of the furniture after all ;)

Weatherstone is expected, seeing as he was recently about to join Eddie at Celtic by all accounts. Makes sense the board will save themselves that bother every time Howe eyes up a job. Perhaps Hard will follow Howe into the next job as well?

Purches and Moss I'm sorry to see go. Purchy very well accredited, and Moss is, well, Moss!

It's bedtime in the Blake household,
Jeff "Your cocoa, sir".
N.B "Thank you Jeff".
Jeff "What clothes shall I lay out for you tomorrow, sir"
N.B. "I'll have the black slacks and a freshly pressed Fred Perry polo shirt"
Jeff "Anything else? Sir"
N.B "Yes, I'll need my best pen and an A.F.C.B. scarf"
Jeff " Will that be the Parker pen? Sir"
N.B. "Chortle, it's because of humour like that, that we keep you on, Jeff ol'boy".
Jeff "Thank you sir, anything else?" : )

Really gutted to lose Purches, not only did he seem a good coach, he was a thoroughly approachable and amiable guy when I randomly spoke to him in a tile shop.

Given the form of Bego too, I think Moss will be a loss too. No idea about the other 2
Did purchie moon light as a tiler?

Have I hyped him up? I’m probably slightly more than lukewarm to him whilst getting a cold shoulder from other options.

Im not exactly Eddie Howe October 2012 levels. :)
Sorry, should have put a winky thingy after my post

It was the closest thing to hype that we’ve seen in this thread, though….

Reactions: DJ
We are but I dont think it was going to be a forever thing. Sad to see people go, but those who complained about nepotism might see it differently.

There are always two sides to every story. I think afcb have always been a family where keeping the old dna has been an important element.

However, more than ever, we are in a cut throat results do matter culture. The risk is the existing culture may get stale and maybe the last two seasons have shown we need some change.

I am not sure how long Scott will be at the club. If does well then he will go onto a bigger club quicker than we may like and then maybe (depending on how we are doing) we can get the likes of franno, molesley and purches back on the coaching team.

Sad to see all those names leaving, especially Steve Purchase and Neil Moss, having seen them play for us, leave, return, coach. I hope all of them have good luck and great career ahead. It certainly seems like a changing of the guard. : )

Now we got to learn the new people's names, what they look like, do they have any strong opinions re biscuits or cheese, can we start a fish pun thread with any of their names? : )

;