The wee turd.

Simulacrum .. a word I think used mainly in medieval times and from Latin to describe an image similar to a fake God .
...coincidentally I first saw it , or rather the plural of it Simulacra, in an old book about a week ago..

Simulacrum .. a word I think used mainly in medieval times and from Latin to describe an image similar to a fake God .
...coincidentally I first saw it , or rather the plural of it Simulacra, in an old book about a week ago..

Simulacrum was first used in 1599 in Sandys Europæ Spec. page 229, The Heathen themselves call them every where the Effigies and Simulachra of other.

Meaning: a material image, made as a representation of some deity, person, or thing.

What is interesting is that another definition was added from 1803 onwards, which is the meaning that Kirsikka alluded to, namely:

Something having merely the form or appearance of a certain thing, without possessing its substance or proper qualities.

So the Kirsikka nailed the Scottish Player down perfectly in that one word.

Too many letters for Scrabble or Countdown unfortunately. Looks like I'll have to use it to criticise my Wife's cooking instead.

It is possible in Scrabble if:

a) someone had previously put crum and you accept this alternative spelling of crumb. Samuel Johnson had both crum and crumb in his dictionary and crum was used until the late 19th century

b) there are six spaces available before crum.

It is possible in Scrabble if:

a) someone had previously put crum and you accept this alternative spelling of crumb. Samuel Johnson had both crum and crumb in his dictionary and crum was used until the late 19th century

b) there are six spaces available before crum.

I just checked the official scrabble dictionary and crum is not there. However 'Sim' and 'Simul' are both accepted.

Yes, back in the game!

simul
/ˈsɪm(ə)l/

nounCHESS
a display in which a player plays a number of games simultaneously against different opponents.

Didn’t one of the posters say he had signed already? If so surprised not announced. Palace comes up in a few articles
I met him out walking his dog. He said it was all sorted but could say and didn’t elucidate.
When I pushed him (not physically although I was tempted with Poole Harbour 3 feet away) asking is it a London club he wouldn’t say.

Of course it's being touted in the press that a move to Palace would double his salary. But of course - as we know - this is not the full picture.

Simulacrum was first used in 1599 in Sandys Europæ Spec. page 229, The Heathen themselves call them every where the Effigies and Simulachra of other.

Meaning: a material image, made as a representation of some deity, person, or thing.

What is interesting is that another definition was added from 1803 onwards, which is the meaning that Kirsikka alluded to, namely:

Something having merely the form or appearance of a certain thing, without possessing its substance or proper qualities.

Your reply is simply prolixious

I just checked the official scrabble dictionary and crum is not there. However 'Sim' and 'Simul' are both accepted.

Yes, back in the game!

simul
/ˈsɪm(ə)l/

nounCHESS
a display in which a player plays a number of games simultaneously against different opponents.
"LAC" is also a valid word that could help

Cheers for that, I read "some" in a tabloid paper so probably crap!
It was in a thread on here a few days back, I think it was the Telegraph which originally put out a story including the word "some" but then changed it very quickly

I've had to google prolixious....not often a word beats me !
Mrs goes "what the Hell are you searching out now for Christ sake ? "
Told her it means... long and drawn out....
..." like you" she said, " and that bloody forum" ... " have they been relegated yet ? "

Its OK ..she just has a touch of the Lockdown blues !

Last edited:
He’s screwed himself over too, whichever way you look at it. He could have signed a new deal 2 years ago on at least 2x his salary, banked an extra couple of million quid, then put as much effort into this season as he did the previous and still got a move to a top 6 club.
If he was worried about AFCB not accepting an offer and demanding over the odds in terms of a transfer fee then he could have inserted a release clause. We’d have agreed as it at least meant we got something for him. Equally his wages for the last 2 years would be double, he wouldn’t have burnt any bridges and his character wouldn’t be questioned by would be suiters.

He’s had a complete shocker, and now he’s going to end up being paid less than we had offered him for a club that will be in the bottom half of the league.
He's been advised by this chap - say no more:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/f...spotted-Messi-potential-Football-Manager.html

Indeed the second option was the meaning as I understood it. No idea where it popped out from though. Cheers all for giving me a good laugh at myself.

It's being reported that Fraser was offered £67,000 at AFCB and he's likely to be on £50,000 at his dream club Crystal Palace.

I can't remember when he was offered a contract but it must be 18 months at least. That's means he's cost himself roughly £1.4m in wages over the past year or so. If he'd have earned us another point he'd also earn millions more moving forward (and could even move for more cash if he impressed enough for a move). Even if we went down and he had to take a 25% pay cut he'd still be on the same as he'll be getting at Palace.

An absolute crying shame that he's fucked himself over worse than he's fucked us. :rofl:

;