Thoughts v Boro

I take it, you're not a fan of Scott Parker.
I was open minded when he came despite the Fulham fans I know in my ear. I believe bright people learn a lot from their first jobs and change things when given another chance. Hoped he would do the same but he hasn’t. He is clearly not bright, you can hear it in his interviews. He hasn’t learnt. He got fortunate with two great squads. He can set a defence up well I will give him credit for that. To blunt that much attacking talent takes some doing though. Look at Laird v the player he was at Swansea. Look at all the players that have disappeared as we brought more and more players in and then look at how ineffective those players have been…. Just completely sub optimal.

I was open minded when he came despite the Fulham fans I know in my ear. I believe bright people learn a lot from their first jobs and change things when given another chance. Hoped he would do the same but he hasn’t. He is clearly not bright, you can hear it in his interviews. He hasn’t learnt. He got fortunate with two great squads. He can set a defence up well I will give him credit for that. To blunt that much attacking talent takes some doing though. Look at Laird v the player he was at Swansea. Look at all the players that have disappeared as we brought more and more players in and then look at how ineffective those players have been…. Just completely sub optimal.
Lairds started one game for us, hardly a balanced argument

Lairds started one game for us, hardly a balanced argument
He started one game because he wasn’t fancied. He took the blame for the equaliser at Preston and was one of those ‘not picked for selection’ reasons that Parker loves to say when someone has let him down. Ditto Leif Davis, ditto Gary Cahill who was our best defender other than Steve Cook. They now watch an inferior loanee start. Brady anyone? Cantwell’ not pulling up trees and Dembele gets trusted for 5 mins in a game we wanted to win and watches two midfielders start ahead of him in his position. It’s a litany of poor management.

He started one game because he wasn’t fancied. He took the blame for the equaliser at Preston and was one of those ‘not picked for selection’ reasons that Parker loves to say when someone has let him down. Ditto Leif Davis, ditto Gary Cahill who was our best defender other than Steve Cook. They now watch an inferior loanee start. Brady anyone? Cantwell’ not pulling up trees and Dembele gets trusted for 5 mins in a game we wanted to win and watches two midfielders start ahead of him in his position. It’s a litany of poor management.
Stick your CV in for the Burnley job.

Anyone expecting a feast of football today obviously haven’t seen the work of Chris wilder. Set up Boro to be hard to beat and guess what they were!

0-0 wasn’t a disaster but a lack of goals is a real concern. Time for the players to step up - current results not just due to the manager.

Parker really does split opinions with the fans. I rarely hear any Parker chants. I think near the beginning of the season the NS sang ' Parker, give us a wave' which he totally ignored and I've not heard it since. There were a few choruses of Scotty Parker's barmy army today but again for the first time in awhile. I , personally, just don't find him endearing in any way. The football can be dross. His interviews are mind bending. I'm neither here nor there with him and he left tomorrow I wouldn't give it a second thought. How strange is that when we are second in the league and likely to get promoted?

Marcondes has got to be wondering what he has to do to get amstart after today.

Bringing siri on with 3 minutes to go was ridiculous.

It could have been a lot worse though. Florist lost, lots of draws and actually a league position i would have been happy with this morning.

Marcondes has got to be wondering what he has to do to get amstart after today.

Bringing siri on with 3 minutes to go was ridiculous.

It could have been a lot worse though. Florist lost, lots of draws and actually a league position i would have been happy with this morning.
Mentioned on Solent on the way home that Parker has stopped using the full depth of his squad in recent games.

Think Parker's team talk is just DON'T! ****************! UP! I would say more but I actually fell asleep for 30 minutes at the start of the second half.
I still think we'll get automatic promotion but I hope he changes our style of play after we do otherwise we'll come straight back down again or I'll spend what's left of my life falling asleep on Saturday afternoons.

I would be very happy to yo-yo between the Premier League and the Championship.

The problem is you can't help but think with the talent at our disposal we should be capable of securing PL status for at least a few more years (if we go up)
It's written in the stars that if we go up...we come straight back down playing like this.

;