Tyler Adams

If Cook is going to be fit enough to play then the four weeks means nothing as we'll have a first team player available for that position. I'm still quite interested to see how LC gets on in an Iraola setup. Was there any news on how long he may be missing?

It we have to patch together a midfield until Adams is back though, then so be it.

I wonder if any other club will try and insert themselves as a possible option for the deal?
When is the first yawn yawn International break?

Are there not any decent midfielders out there who, I don’t know, are actually fit to play straight away? A radical thought I know.
It's actually a genius plan, by signing injured players you have a ready-made excuse for any poor performances for the first half of the season.

Joking aside though, there is an argument that of all teams we're better suited at the moment for picking up players with injuries that will be recovered from in a month or two. With how rough our fixtures are for the rest of August and September, expectations should be pretty low with a lot of games that you'd already expect to get 0 points in. Those low expectations may actually be a reason to be more accepting of injured players that'll be rebuilding their fitness in September, since it really is in October when we need them to be clicking (whereas if we had a lot of winnable games against Wolves, Burnley, Sheffield United, etc in Aug/Sept it would be more important to have these late signings hit the ground running).

Assuming he heals up and can stay fit after, should be a good signing. Haven't seen much of him at the club level, but was one of the US's best players at the WC and integral to their midfield.

Hmm. Games missed due to injury:

18/19: 14
19/20: 13
20/21: 5
21/22: 4
22/23: 15

That isn't the best record I've seen.

1692041631446.png

;