AFC Bournemouth v Forest Green Rovers - League Cup

I predicted Wee Man would have an early season drop in form...not a difficult call for someone of my vision...
He went through the Summer not knowing who he would turn out for in August!!!
No bids as far as one knows from, as vaunted Arsenal.....none from Madrid, Monaco, Ajax, Barca.....none from Crewe, Yeovil, Bradford PA....or Racing Club Warwick, Cadbury Heath, Chipping Sodbury or Pontypridd Town........ a hint of Portland Utd scouts in the QP pub all of a sniff but he is still here ya ken!
So..... his confidence will have been compromised a wee bit?
Give him a couple weeks....

Last edited:
Callum seems to have lost his finishing expertise and needs to get back on track sooner than later to justify his big money pay packet. With our poor finishing evident in the final third, perhaps Eddie should consider appointing a top quality forwards coach to raise our game.

I predicted Wee Man would have an early season drop in form...,not a difficult call for someone of my vision...
He went through the Summer not knowing who he would turn out for in August!!!
No bids as far as one knows from, as vaunted Arsenal.....none from Madrid, Monaco, Ajax, Barca.....none from Crewe, Yeovil, Bradford PA..,.or Racing Club Warwick, Cadbury Heath, Chipping Sodbury or Pontypridd Town........ a hint of Portland Utd scouts in the QP pub all of a sniff but he is still here ya ken!
So..... his confidence will have been compromised a wee bit?
Give him a couple weeks....
Thought Wee Man looked really sharp when he came on, nearly back to his best. We created a lot more once he was on the pitch. Great to hear the crowd shouting his name just before he came on.

Performances like these in the cups have been mandated by both parents of junior cherries and the new ticket office manager as the cheapest way to deal with continued enquiries about season ticket sales and season ticket waiting lists. get the kids in to watch that shite and they stop asking mummy and daddy

As soon as we had the ball FGR sat back with a deep 4-5-1 , which we just couldn't easily get through. When we did, our shooting was awful (blazing over the bar twice first half, King should gave buried 2nd half chance). Put 1 chance away opens up the game.
Ibe as always tried, didn't shy away but lacks the quality when needed. Bit of urgency when wee man and King came on, but King in front of goal was awful, as was C Wilson.
Back 4 did some good stuff, Mepham seemed to take the senior role directing positioning and did ok, but let's remember they had chances too, if we really played like a PL team they shouldn't have had so many. Last few minutes could have been very embarrassing.
Thankfully we had a keeper who saves penalties

Perhaps they struggle to motivate themselves for these sort of matches. No disrespect to FGR but it was Man City 5 days ago. Perhaps just lacking a bit of professionalism. Callum has these barren spells and Solanke has yet to prove his large transfer fee was justified. It wasn't a great performance by any stretch but it's a results business and we got through to the next round. However, these games do highlight certain players . Travers for example showing that we have a good keeper in the making, a positive, Ibe showing that he is not a top level player. C'mon hands up who just knew he'd be the one to miss his penalty. It was an opportunity to play fringe players which can back fire, as we know all too well in cup competitions.

Did you watch the game? If so, then what was so bad (apart from the obvious lack of scoring ) and if you didn't, why don't we leave it to those who did watch to tell us this?

As I said, a little honesty on the performance will give you a real perspective as to where we stand squad wise.

Solanke was a fairy tonight, joke 19m, he clearly couldn't be bothered and even his pen was lazy. Ibe tried too hard, just not good enough no end product and frustrating. Callum was a disgrace and Surman was back to his sideways best. Only people I'd give credit tonight are H.Wilson who was clearly our best player tonight but for some reason was taken off. Kilkenny did ok but thought he'd be on wing, Mepham & Simpson did ok but against no threat whatsoever and well done to Travers for the pen saves. Stacey was not motm very hit and miss but it was his 1st game.

Sorantie. Remember who called it first.

;