AFC Bournemouth v Nottingham Forest - 2 Games To Go

Hi Forest fan in peace here, I just wanted to provide some balance of the views from our side.
We are consistently playing the best football we have seen for 20odd years and have confidence in the team and management , you also have a great team and are perfectly capable of beating us tomorrow , Moore and Billings coming back into the team seem to have provided a bit of impetus for you just at the right time.
Even if we do win tomorrow it would be typical of us to go and lose to Hull so I can assure you nothing is being taken for granted by the majority of us Forest fans.
It's going to be a very nervy night I feel, best of luck .
Thanks for this. I think we're equally unsure as to what team will turn out. Here's to a great game.

There was damage to the roof at one end which required a cherry picker to fix it, 80mph winds can do that. Record 120+ winds for the UK just across the water at The Needles that day.

You can't put a cherry picker up if the wind is anywhere near 30mph and it stayed above that until the Monday. IIRC it's 28mph winds as a limit, but not certain.

Perhaps your "media darlings" constant funding by Sky this season has clouded your judgement a bit? Be interesting to see if they still put you on TV almost every week if you go up.
There's a reason we get shown on sky, just think why that might be.

Dunno why so many are het up about tomorrow. We need a draw to guarantee promotion but Forest need a win, nothing less will do for them.
However, we need 2 x wins and a favour from the Greasy Chip Butty mob, to win the title. Fairly obvious it's gonna be an '84 cup tie game tomorrow.
Put your spons on a 2-0 home win.
A draw does NOT guarantee promotion.

There's a reason we get shown on sky, just think why that might be.

It's because Sky favour certain clubs (to be fair mainly Wayne Rooney's Derby County this season) but if you get promotion you'll realise it's probably West Ham that get on TV every week no matter how sh17 they are.

Is it true that your squealing got the referee changed for our game on Saturday?

Have a further look through this thread Dirk and notice how grown ups behave on another team's forum.

Enjoy the gig you're not actually going to!

="afcdibby, post: 629263, member: 705"]Because you're playing at the 2nd best team in the league?[/QUOTE]
As Roy Walker used to say, it's good but it's not right.

It's because Sky favour certain clubs (to be fair mainly Wayne Rooney's Derby County this season) but if you get promotion you'll realise it's probably West Ham that get on TV every week no matter how sh17 they are.

Is it true that your squealing got the referee changed for our game on Saturday?

Have a further look through this thread Dirk and notice how grown ups behave on another team's forum.

Enjoy the gig you're not actually going to!
Being a resourceful sort of chap I shall enjoy the game AND the gig. It's remarkable really. Yes nice to see some fellow Trickies on here, we're all different though aren't we. No, not heard anything about the ref situation, both are **************** so it doesnt really matter.

I think both AFCB And Forest will get promoted - but clearly much rather automatic and the extra time for signings etc

I know. But, still giving it large.

Embarrassing. It doesn't compute in my head, really the sort of the thing you'd keep quiet if only he hadn't posted his tale of woe elsewhere.

That said if you have prior arrangements fair play, just don't give it the billy big bollox about 'support' on another clubs forum when you're tucked up at a gig. I don't speak Notts but we get the gist.

Oubdont believe in supporting your team then? Let's hope that continues tomorrow evening.

Only a Dirk would miss Forests biggest game in years and still come on a rival forum to give it large.

oh wait I didn’t mean a Dirk

Hi Forest fan in peace here, I just wanted to provide some balance of the views from our side.
We are consistently playing the best football we have seen for 20odd years and have confidence in the team and management , you also have a great team and are perfectly capable of beating us tomorrow , Moore and Billings coming back into the team seem to have provided a bit of impetus for you just at the right time.
Even if we do win tomorrow it would be typical of us to go and lose to Hull so I can assure you nothing is being taken for granted by the majority of us Forest fans.
It's going to be a very nervy night I feel, best of luck .

Nice to see some decent forest fans on here, a nice contrast to the boring drivel that the other guy posts.

As I've said before, Forest's run has been brilliant and if they do it they will thoroughly deserve it. It's definitely the story that the neutrals will be hoping for.

It's funny because a Forest win or a draw should make the final day a formality for Forest/AFCB to go up respectively yet I have a funny feeling that there might be a final day twist in either scenario.

Nice to see some decent forest fans on here, a nice contrast to the boring drivel that the other guy posts.

As I've said before, Forest's run has been brilliant and if they do it they will thoroughly deserve it. It's definitely the story that the neutrals will be hoping for.

It's funny because a Forest win or a draw should make the final day a formality for Forest/AFCB to go up respectively yet I have a funny feeling that there might be a final day twist in either scenario.
Funny you say that, for some reason I have been thinking that it might be tougher to get a point from Millwall than from Forest.

Funny you say that, for some reason I have been thinking that it might be tougher to get a point from Millwall than from Forest.

Yep it might. Might not. None of us know, which is why trying to wind up our fans and our fans trying to wind up the Dirk is kind of pointless.

I cannot disagree with that, I'm far too long in the tooth and have been watching Forest way too long to feel it's just a case of beat you then we're up.
The only way this issue will be 100% resolved tomorrow is if you win .

I often think the only thing you can confidently predict in football is that it will not go the way you think it will. As the forest fan said you could see them doing all the hard work, winning at AFCB, Fulham and turning the goal difference round only to blow it. Likewise a draw tomorrow should be enough to see us over the line yet you can see us messing it up.

Hopefully we just get it done tomorrow and can enjoy a relaxing Saturday. It's my missus' birthday and I'm commited to taking her out, she's already fuming at the prospect that I'm going to ruin it by being miserable. Pointing out that technically it would be AFCB ruining it didn't seem to get me off the hook either.

Yep it might. Might not. None of us know, which is why trying to wind up our fans and our fans trying to wind up the Dirk is kind of pointless.
Not really a wind-up intended, I care not about those guys, only our true supporters.

Just that if we get the draw with Forest, we go up against a difficult Millwall who will be trying to grind out a cagey 3 points in hope of catching Luton, whose 7 goal loss today puts them vulnerable to GD. M'Boro might bubble up between the cracks.

Will be an interesting final day. Would much prefer three points tomorrow and then watch with interest but no skin in the game.

Hopefully we just get it done tomorrow and can enjoy a relaxing Saturday. It's my missus' birthday and I'm commited to taking her out, she's already fuming at the prospect that I'm going to ruin it by being miserable. Pointing out that technically she probably wouldn't notice the difference. it would be AFCB ruining it didn't seem to get me off the hook either.
Fixed.

;