Callum Signs

Do they??? I must have them on block :goes off to check:, nope no-one on block.
King works very hard, is better with the ball facing goal, but Wilson is definitely the better finisher/striker. I wouldn't call King a #10 but he's certainly more that than Callum is, or that Callum is a better #9 whichever way you choose to read that

Wilson is NOT a better finisher/striker than King what planet are you on.

King goes for power, Wilson goes for accuracy. One is an element of hope, one is more clinical and confident.

All about opinions of course, but I don't agree with this. King's goal against Arsenal at home is one example that springs to mind.

I personally think King is the more instinctive finisher and would have him as my main striker over Wilson (as good as I also think Wilson is). However, if we were to play a 4-4-3, I'd have any combo of Wilson, King, Fraser, Brooks and Ibe in a fluid attack. For me, that system would get the best out of King and Wilson together.

It is an interesting debate. My view is King is better than Wilson when he is up for it but Wilson tends to bring his a game and slightly less but still considerable talent every week. Up until last season I would have picked King ahead of Wilson but the former has had a slightly lesser season and the latter has made huge strides in his all round game and added better hold up play and assists. The bit I reserve judgement on though is King never gets a true run up front on his own so we have forgotten what that might be like.

I’m not suggesting King doesn’t try the same every week, he does, but he just is sometimes bang on it and other times ghosts it. He is a more instinctive finisher. We play 4-4-2 because our four best attackers can only be accommodated that way. Else you have leave one out which on last seasons form is hard. It doesn’t help the team though so it’s one of those Lampard/Gerrard England situations!

Having one on the bench doesn’t add anything different either so we still lack that Kermorgant type who can attack crosses in the air, something both have as the only missing bit in their locker.

Could this lad become our new Callum Wilson?

We signed Callum from his home town club Coventry when he was 22.

We have this 20-year-old local lad on our books, did well out on loan and now out in Spain with the first team squad.

Strikers are hard to find, maybe we have had one sitting under our noses all this time and after one or two sniffs at first team football he might just make the grade.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...am-surridge-proud-graduate-club-39-s-academy/

...I’m not suggesting King doesn’t try the same every week, he does, but he just is sometimes bang on it and other times ghosts it...

Wilson defends from the front, irrespective of the scoreline, every game. When he's out of the side it's far easier for the opposition to advance and even play through us. Simply put, Wilson consistently runs himself into the earth for us.

King, as you suggest, can ghost in and out. He sometimes does this pretend run. It's that non-run players do when they're being subbed; they're trying to convince the ref they're not wasting time but, despite lifting their arms and moving their feet more rapidly, they're really just ambling off.

When King isn't doing his non-runs he is fabulous. But, as Neil highlights, he's less consistent than Wilson.

All that said, they're both excellent players.

So how would you resolve the supposed mis-management of the club, of which I'm sure you have actual examples
If your referring to me, I said it appears that way to me anyway, we've still got lower league infrastructure after 4 years in the premier league. If they were to invest the money in that, instead of extortionate wages and transfer fees, it may well be happening in the future but no one knows.

True I suppose, we'll ignore the fact that the club have repeatedly said that they will invest on the field in an attempt to maintain our lofty position, and that incoming players since we got to the Premier League have all commented that despite it's small size the facilities are pretty top notch. Those portakabins we stacked on top of each other near the training pitches are actually far more use than they're given credit for, and the work the analysts do is pretty advanced even against our current competitors

If .... and pray tell me if im talking the most...THE MOST unadulterated crap thats been spouted .since Neanderthals drank in the Central Bars...tell me WHY ...if Callum is worth £100, 000 f#cking pounds a WEEK..
...WHY isnt STEVE COOK paid £ 100,000 pounds a f#cking DAY.......come on lets have it.....Dry...no f#cking Ice or Lemonade!

Last edited:
If .... and pray tell me if im talking the most...THE MOST unadulterated crap thats been spouted .since Neanderthals drank in the Central Bars...tell me WHY ...if Callum is worth £100, 000 f#cking pounds a WEEK..
...WHY isnt STEVE COOK paid £ 100,000 a f#cking DAY.......come on lets have it.....Dry...no f#cking Ice or Lemonade!
Was it in Cornwall where all that aluminium contaminated the water supply some years ago?

True I suppose, we'll ignore the fact that the club have repeatedly said that they will invest on the field in an attempt to maintain our lofty position, and that incoming players since we got to the Premier League have all commented that despite it's small size the facilities are pretty top notch. Those portakabins we stacked on top of each other near the training pitches are actually far more use than they're given credit for, and the work the analysts do is pretty advanced even against our current competitors
It's alright when were in the premier league and I suppose it depends how long eddie and max will hang around after we get relegated, which we will. I just don't think it's a good long term business strategy, although it's a very good short term one.

...WHY isnt STEVE COOK paid £ 100,000 pounds a f#cking DAY.......come on lets have it.....Dry...no f#cking Ice or Lemonade!
Please please please,,we get it you don't like The Premier league, you don't like anyone being paid more than a grand a week, you don't like anyone that assists a goal seems like you don't like very much about the modern game,fine think we get it .

I've seen some nonsense on here but wtf!
As said, personal opinion is King is the better striker. When he played upfront with Afobe of all people he couldn’t stop scoring then as soon as Wilson is fit, he’s forced to drop behind. Luckily he doesn’t get shifted out too the wing as much.

As for our 3 most important players, if we lost Wilson, don’t think that would be as damaging as losing Brooks, Fraser, Ake or even Lerma since although a quality player, he is wasteful and that 1 on 1 at Soton still haunts me!
We do have a £20m backup sat around.

All my opinion of course and lucky that we can actually discuss whose the best/most valuable etc when you look at Newcastle for example!

;