Dominic Solanke

Think a big reason for Wilson being rubbish that season was cos he supply line the little turd downed tools.
They had equalled the PL record for assists/goals together season before.
My blame for relegation by 1 pt is 100% on Turdie shafting us

I certainly never saw the whole downing tools thing of Wilson that others claimed, I saw a frustrated striker lacking confidence and getting little support.

He’s in the same bracket as Ake for me rather than Fraser and King.

That’s one way of looking at it. Hawkeye also checked out for the first game after COVID.
We deserved to get relegated. Had Hawkeye not failed, Villa might have come back stronger. We'll never know. We were piss poor that season and Callum, Fraser and King downed tools. We didn't help ourselves at all. That's my opinion anyway.

I certainly never saw the whole downing tools thing of Wilson that others claimed, I saw a frustrated striker lacking confidence and getting little support.

Maybe not as bad as Fraser, but he was no Ake. Frequently just used to stand there with very little movement. His body language was often negative.

I don't know about downing tools but his form was shocking. Like Arter he signed a new contract and then completely lost form.

Maybe not as bad as Fraser, but he was no Ake. Frequently just used to stand there with very little movement. His body language was often negative.

I very much disagree and said as such at the time.

And the old body language argument isn’t going to do much to sway me. It’s amazing it still comes up. We really shouldn’t judge players by body language.

Darren Anderton, Brett Pitman, Philip Billing…

I don't know about downing tools but his form was shocking. Like Arter he signed a new contract and then completely lost form.
I can't remember the home game, but we were really struggling that day and the camera zoomed in on Callum's face and he looked happy as Larry.
I read that as he couldn't care less as he was going elsewhere if we were relegated.

Definitely no Ake in my view.

I can't remember the home game, but we were really struggling that day and the camera zoomed in on Callum's face and he looked happy as Larry.
I read that as he couldn't care less as he was going elsewhere if we were relegated.

Definitely no Ake in my view.

I don't know, I tend to agree with DJ on the body language thing. He was always smiling, Fraser looked miserable, you can point to anything like that as an issue. All that really matters is performances and Wilson wasn't good enough like most of the rest of them.

Reactions: DJ
Two fine examples of why you can’t judge a player on body language. He managed to look negative and too positive, both adjudged to be wrong.
Callum I think, had 'signed off' on the season restart. Sure he wasn't getting the service but even so, I think he wanted away.
Loved him to bits as he was a great player for us but ever since that episode had reservations about him.
Sorry, you won't change my views on that, DJ. I respect your views, we just beg to differ.

Reactions: DJ
Callum I think, had 'signed off' on the season restart. Sure he wasn't getting the service but even so, I think he wanted away.
Loved him to bits as he was a great player for us but ever since that episode had reservations about him.
Sorry, you won't change my views on that, DJ. I respect your views, we just beg to differ.
And that’s totally fair enough, I’m not posting to try and persuade you, just sharing my own opinion :)

There was so much wrong with operation restart that wouldn’t have suited us.

Eddie’s style of training for one, he is a big fan of team unity, getting everyone together fighting as one, us against the world and there he is, players in small group bubbles, not able to work with all of the coaches together.

I think this played a major part in our form during that small, but costly, window of time.

Callum may well have had eyes on a move, but he didn’t want a relegation on his CV, just like Ake or Ramsdale didn’t.

Fraser didn’t care.

I agree. Don't dislike Callum - he should really be an absolute legend here, being a big part of getting us to the PL.

BUT - Whilst I don't think he downed tools as such, he definitely sullied his legacy at the end of that Covid season.

Not read the whole thread (why would anyone?) but I can say with some certainty that if Mousset hadn't left he would by now in total have turned up for training on time as often as Solanke does every week Possibly.

And that’s totally fair enough, I’m not posting to try and persuade you, just sharing my own opinion :)

There was so much wrong with operation restart that wouldn’t have suited us.

Eddie’s style of training for one, he is a big fan of team unity, getting everyone together fighting as one, us against the world and there he is, players in small group bubbles, not able to work with all of the coaches together.

I think this played a major part in our form during that small, but costly, window of time.

Callum may well have had eyes on a move, but he didn’t want a relegation on his CV, just like Ake or Ramsdale didn’t.

Fraser didn’t care.
Yep, Wilson definitely dropped off but relegation was 99% more on Fraser downing tools, stopping his supply line, than on Callum.
Josh also losing focus certainly didn't help as well

I very much disagree and said as such at the time.

And the old body language argument isn’t going to do much to sway me. It’s amazing it still comes up. We really shouldn’t judge players by body language.

Darren Anderton, Brett Pitman, Philip Billing…
Philip Billing? mmmmmmmmm not sure that strengthens your argument DJ.
:throw:

What's the common consensus for Dom's current market value? I think fans expecting a fee of 60M are going to be
disappointed unless Chelsea come knocking. 40-45M?

I think if he was available for £40m you'd have several clubs come in for him.

Homegrown? Check
PL proven? Check
Coming into his prime? Check
Goalscorer (who always cost more)? Check
Plenty of time still on his contract? Check
Contributes more to then team than a straight up poacher? Check

The only mark against him is he's only been prolific at this level for one season. However, I think most would surmise he's cracked it now.

I'd say he's cheap at £60m compared to most of the open market.

Homegrown? Check
PL proven? Check

The only mark against him is he's only been prolific at this level for one season. However, I think most would surmise he's cracked it now.

Injury record is a big tick.

Homegrown? Check
PL proven? Check

I'd be happy with 60M, although I can imagine clubs thinking 'it's only little, ol' Bournemouth' and attempt to low ball us.

50m?
40m?

I honestly can’t believe what I’m reading, what universe am I in where a proven home grown twenty goal a season striker in his prime costs that amount of money?

I am actually very nervous about this, because our ability to get fair market value for our players will give us a real insight into whether we do actually have scope to grow under Foley.

If Solanke was a Brighton player they wouldn’t even pick up the phone for the amounts that are being quoted. Looking at the market it has to be a minimum of 70m. If we sell for any less then we are mugs. Look at the fees Brighton get. Goal scorers cost a premium. I have an awful feeling we are going to sell for 50 and actually believe that it is a good deal.

;