Jack Stacey

Thanks, I think we just need to stay up this year and continue to build. Will be tricky as alot of our attacks and chances came from justin and stacey but we have made a few decent signings so fingers crossed. New ground on the way so just got to keep moving in the right direction until then when we will be able to grow further off the field as well.

Good luck for the season ahead, only seems a short time ago we were both starting with minus points in league 2.

I think most AFCB fans would wish Luton - and Rotherham for that matter - all the best, due to how we all suffered back then!

So, we've sold Mings, bought two young defenders as replacements and still have £10-15M (over 3 years) in the bank.

Message from him to all at Luton Town.

Defender Jack Stacey has thanked everyone at Kenilworth Road for their support after completing his expected move to Premier League side Bournemouth this afternoon.

The 23-year-old had been with the Hatters for two years, as Town won back-to-back promotions, while becoming hugely popular himself, named Supporters Player of the Season during Luton's League One title success.

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/...ks-after-leaving-luton-for-cherries-1-8990006

Message from him to all at Luton Town.

Defender Jack Stacey has thanked everyone at Kenilworth Road for their support after completing his expected move to Premier League side Bournemouth this afternoon.

The 23-year-old had been with the Hatters for two years, as Town won back-to-back promotions, while becoming hugely popular himself, named Supporters Player of the Season during Luton's League One title success.

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/...ks-after-leaving-luton-for-cherries-1-8990006
I like this guy already, he is saying all the right things.

First AFCB interview here :
https://www.afcb.co.uk/videos/interviews/watch-staceys-first-afcbtv-interview
I have to say he comes across as a very humble, honest and intelligent young man. No wonder nobody at Luton had anything bad to say about him.
I really hope this works out well for him, seems like exactly the sort of player Eddie loves to work with. I'm sure he chose the right club ! Good luck Jack and welcome to the AFCB family !
:utc:

The picture above shows how far ahead of any other EFL U25 player Stacey was last season. Totally agree with all Paddyltfc said. He has a fantastic engine on him, really good at getting up and down the pitch, very dangerous going forward and was definitely our most improved player last season. If he keeps that up you have a star on your hands. I guess the test is can he do it against the very best.
Wish we still had him at Luton but am also pleased our two stars, Stacey and Justin and have gone to Leicester and Bouremouth, the right sort of clubs for them - neither are prima donnas, just serious hard work, down to Earth, committed decent blokes. We were truly blessed and two consecutive promotions was the reward.

As you can see from those stats the second most creative behimd stacey was james justin. A major reason why we were promoted
Seen it mentioned he can play on the wing too. His no. 7 squad number also suggests that.

Obviously we have 2 people incredible wingers already in Fraser and Brooks but the strength in depth below that is lacking. Knowing Eddie, he might not trust him at RB initially so I could see him bringing Jack on as a defensive winger as a sub to close games down late on. Interested to know if you think he could play that role?

Seen it mentioned he can play on the wing too. His no. 7 squad number also suggests that.

Obviously we have 2 people incredible wingers already in Fraser and Brooks but the strength in depth below that is lacking. Knowing Eddie, he might not trust him at RB initially so I could see him bringing Jack on as a defensive winger as a sub to close games down late on. Interested to know if you think he could play that role?
I think as his confidence grew in his defending ability and to be able to get back in position when he rampaged forward more and more. We also had excellent centre backs and a covering defensive holding player, and of course two thirds of the League One teams were a bit **************** which all helped! I'm not exactly sure what a defensive winger is other than what he does best. It really is a question of whether his defensive abilities hold about against the very best but he certainly has grown from being a good defender to a lot more - there is no better player below the championship level at least.

Agree with what eartheart has said.

Jack did start out as a winger at reading so im sure he is capable of playing there if required. He had a little bit of experience at playing wing back or right back at exeter but he really shone in the position once the snake nathan jones properly converted him at luton. He has just got better and better each season and im positive he will have a great impact at Bournemouth.

For all the questions over our transfer record since promotion I think we've done pretty well... other than at fullback, where we've had a shocker to be frank. I think this is down to how much we ask of our fullbacks and how important they are.

I really like the sound of this feller because he sounds exactly what we need. No doubt he'll have his ups and downs as he learns but it's a massive opportunity and I'm sure he'll grab it with both hands. Same goes for Kelly.

He is a serious outlier in that chart, so much so that I spent a lot of time wondering where the hell he was.

Along with everyone else, I thought he interviewed very well and came across as a grounded, eager to improve young man.

I remember Eddie saying last season that you look for two conflicting qualities in a player: someone who is humble and down to earth off the pitch, who then turns into a monster who wants to win at almost all costs once on it. Jack Stacey looks to have the former, let’s hope he also has a big chunk of the latter.

I remember Eddie saying last season that you look for two conflicting qualities in a player: someone who is humble and down to earth off the pitch, who then turns into a monster who wants to win at almost all costs once on it. Jack Stacey looks to have the former, let’s hope he also has a big chunk of the latter.

Was he not looking when we signed Ibe and Cline then?

Looking at all these brilliant comments from Luton fans and journalists, I’m not sure how Stacey didn’t get into team of the year?

After a quick look, someone from Barnsley was ahead of him, he must have been good!

Were there a couple of Luton players in already, as I thik the FL don't like too many from one team, there's been a few times in the recent climb when we could have filled it on our own

;