Nathaniel Clyne

Good - gives us a chance to have a good look at him.

One player from the scousers I’m really excited about.

I see Clyne getting rave reviews for his performance today. Why exactly? I thought his attacking play in particular was very sub-standard. I don't think he was terrible overall, and he needs a chance to gel, but keep your feet on the ground guys.

Getting forward isn't his forte, no doubt about that, but a couple of weeks training with us should help him improve overall, build relationships, what movement to expect etc

Unless you knew he had just signed the day before, you would have thought he had been a regular.

As I mentioned on the match day thread, to me he fitted into the team like a glove.

One positive signing from Liverpool, the other new boy we will have to wait and see how he gets on.

I thought he was quality today. Comfortable on the ball, defended well, fitted in to the style of play easily. Good debut seeing as he probably hasn't even trained with the team and has only been playing reserve team football this season. Very happy with him.

Interesting comments from Neil Warnick on 5Live, indicating that Liverpool and the player had told him that the Cardiff was a done deal....and that there were 19 million reasons why he ended up at Dean Court. Sounded like sour grapes given the Cardiff result but I suspect Warnock will have his side pumped up for our visit later this season.

Didn't he previously say he had hoped to buy Lerma and had thought he would get him for about £8 million until we came along? I'm not sure he's living in the real world when it comes to transfers sometimes.

The article there is supposition but this came out later:

"Warnock saw the Bournemouth manager, Eddie Howe, at the Premier League managers’ meeting on Wednesday and told him the Colombia midfielder Jefferson Lerma, who joined Bournemouth this week, had been top of Cardiff’s transfer targets last season. "

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...k-cardiff-city-spend-responsively-bournemouth

Quote from elsewhere about the fee they expected:

Warnock told talkSPORT: "Our number one target in midfield was the lad Bournemouth signed, Lerma. We thought it'd be about five or six million, and I think they paid about £27m.

"Warnock saw the Bournemouth manager, Eddie Howe, at the Premier League managers’ meeting on Wednesday and told him the Colombia midfielder Jefferson Lerma, who joined Bournemouth this week, had been top of Cardiff’s transfer targets last season. "

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...k-cardiff-city-spend-responsively-bournemouth

Warnock told talkSPORT: "Our number one target in midfield was the lad Bournemouth signed, Lerma. We thought it'd be about five or six million, and I think they paid about £27m.

Ah excellent! You are totally right he’s not fully up to speed on reality.

£5 or £6 M, he is having a laugh. Expect a bid of £10m for Harry Kane..............

;