What a window!

To me the main downside of GON has been sitting back when we get the lead, or against mediocre teams.

Maybe with an upgrade of the players he has available, he won't ask them to do that any more.

What I'd love to know, is how the existing players are going to react. Will they welcome them in? Will they be upset about salary differentials? Will it make Zemura and Anthony more or less likely to sign new deals? Will Billing gather his toys back into the pram?

You are so bitter. You moaned throughout the championship, you now moan every match day in the premier league.

Just because this doesn’t fit your narrative of you wanting relegation to see ‘entertaining football’ again doesn’t mean others can’t get excited.
I think TF is just pointing out that there’s been many a fan base that has got excited over players that move for vast amounts of money that aren’t household names…. and regretted it. Sunderland, Everton, Fulham under Parker, Stoke the list is longer than where it works.

The truth is none of us know how this will work out, we all agree it’s a different spending league to how we’ve been before. This will excite some people but others will have concerns. No right or wrong and the proof will come down the line.

My personal take is you put the building blocks in place first of a great coach and coaching team and coherent football strategy. Then it is more likely to work. What we don’t know is was O’ Neil hampering the players or were they hampering him. We are about to find out.

What's the squad situation? Are we expecting a couple of players to leave or farmed out on loan or are we still within the squad size rules?

It's hard to be upset or excited about players we know nothing about............if I said we had bid 20m for a French player called Canard Donald the usual suspects on here would be frothing at the mouth.
Make your mind up. You either know about these players or you don’t.

It’s easy really. In one post you say we don’t know enough about the players. In another case you said you know them and they don’t excite you.

that’s was meant to be a reply to @Topfarrier
Well its obviously not that easy for you Rob........I said the three that I had heard wouldn't excite me.......I've no idea about the others......hth.

I'll happily admit I've had other things to do than follow football intensely post-lockdown for many reasons including how long it takes me to find the latest page of a thread on this site these days but if I'm being skpetical, I've never heard of any of these guys.

I always look at teams like Villa, Stoke previously, Blackburn and QPR good historical examples, where they get all these expensive foreign players in that I've never heard of. Not much good to say about those teams' recent history.

Obviously hope I'm wrong etc etc but technically I know less about them than the players they're replacing so find it diffcult to get excited or see them as improvements.

Ymmv etc.

One thing we also need to prepare for in the future is a higher turnover of players
A completely different approach to what we've been used to and a new challenge for the recruitment staff and manager.

And a huge challenge for the fans

Takes me most of the season to work out who our new players are at present, going forward I probably won't even bother

Well it’s obviously not that easy for you Rob........I said the three that I had heard wouldn't excite me.......I've no idea about the others......hth.

I’m failing to see how any new signings cannot fail to excite you unknown or not. Perhaps it’s as you never get to a game in person and the excitement doesn’t reach your tv.

As others have said, it's an incredible window and possibly not over yet. And on paper it looks as though we've brought in some very good and highly experienced players to fill those positions where we're weak and/or inexperienced.

This is going to be a very interesting time for management. How will GON (and his fairly inexperienced backroom team) integrate and manage these players (including the obvious challenges of language, culture etc.,) - will he have enough about him to capitalise on the generosity of Foley. Similarly with Kelly on the pitch as I should think he's going to have his work cut out.

Both have really got to step up to the mark on and off the pitch. And if one or the other don't perform then I hope the club responds appropriately otherwise we may not achieve what we need to achieve this season and the c£100m investment that has been made could potentially be squandered.

Best window we have had in a coon's age.Looking forward to seeing all these guys out there giving it their all for the Cherries.

;